Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Report: MLB to begin testing for HGH in '12

Resident PED Expert

Re: Report: MLB to begin testing for HGH in '12

Quote Originally Posted by GADawg View Post
    anyone familiar with how that works...as far as how long that kind of thing would stay in one's system?
    HGH is a constant use drug. It's not like your standard steroid where as you take it and get results within a couple weeks. HGH is a built up kinda supplement.

Takes about 6 months to really take hold in your system and do it's magic. Once you pass that 6 month mark you can go off of it for a few weeks at a time before it burns up, but it will still linger in your system during the time off. A MLB player to get real benefits off of it will have to keep the IU's coming daily all season. So it really becomes a Russian Roulette situation. Do it and hope they don't call your number or don't at all and hope your body doesn't fall apart.

SIde effects while on HGH include bone growth that is mostly noticed by teeth becoming gapped, elbows and knees becoming more knobby and a forehead that blots out the sun.

When you come off of it, a big tale tell is a big hard gut... So we shall see. We shall see.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    Very encouraged that baseball seems to be doing most things right currently.

http://www.sacbee.com/2011/11/19/406...sting-for.html
    So long Albert Pujols 2-week recoveries!
    "Don't trust any statistics you did not fake yourself."--Winston Churchill

I've been looking, but I haven't seen anything yet outlining discipline measures for positive tests. Are we to assume that it is the same set-up as for performance enhancing drugs?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've been looking, but I haven't seen anything yet outlining discipline measures for positive tests. Are we to assume that it is the same set-up as for performance enhancing drugs?
    I believe I saw something like that on Twitter. Maybe Olney, can't remember, that it was indeed the same penalty as other PEDs.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

From what I understand, there is a lot that has to be worked out before this actually happens.
    "My mission is to be the ray of hope, the guy who stands out there on that beautiful field and owns up to his mistakes and lets people know it's never completely hopeless, no matter how bad it seems at the time. I have a platform and a message, and now I go to bed at night, sober and happy, praying I can be a good messenger." -Josh Hamilton

Turn Off Ads?