Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Favorite Anime

Favorite Anime

A few months back, when I got Netflix streaming, I started watching Anime shows and got hooked. I've been dialing up shows on Netflix and Time Warner On Demand and have found some great shows. So I figured I would post here to see what other Redzoners might be watching.

My favorites so far:

Gintama and Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi on Time Warner (Anime Network).
    Bleach, Hetalia, Excel Saga, and Samurai Champloo on Netflix.

I haven't been able to watch many shows on Adult Swim because of the hours its on, but I remember FLCL being pretty good.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Re: Favorite Anime

I used to be big into the anime thing back when I was in high school in the 90s -- Cowboy Bebop, Evangelion, Trigun, Escaflowne, Martian Successor Nadesico, El Hazard, Gundam Wing, etc. were all shows I really enjoyed. Bebop was probably the closest thing to perfection in the genre that I ever saw, so I'd definitely check that one out if you haven't already seen it (the movie is kinda crap -- I'd skip it).

I stopped keeping up with it when the people I used to trade tapes with went to college and all moved on to other parts of the country. I imagine Netflix is a godsend for this sort of thing, because we used to be reduced to swapping badly dubbed VHS tapes in order to keep up with any series.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I haven't watched anything new for ages, but I highly recommend Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Turn Off Ads?