Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: BCS blather

Re: BCS blather

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Who deserves it more than Bama?
    So if Alabama wins and they both end up with 1 loss both to each other, it makes sense to crown Alabama the champ?

'Bama had their chance and they blew it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    So if Alabama wins and they both end up with 1 loss both to each other, it makes sense to crown Alabama the champ?

Nope. No more than it would make sense to crown Okie State/Stanford/Va Tech/et al the champ if they beat LSU in a bowl game... Okie State had their chance against an inferior opponent and blew it. Va Tech's loss was to Clemson, a very good team, but compare their 12 games to Bama's. Ditto Stanford.

I don't care for a rematch either, but I think it's the only shot at producing a close/competitive game amongst the rest of the college football field, unless LSU plays a full 48 minutes like they did the 1st half tonight.

Hell, truth be told, this is one case where I'm in favor of an LSU-Houston National Championship game. Never thought I'd say that.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Nope. No more than it would make sense to crown Okie State/Stanford/Va Tech/et al the champ if they beat LSU in a bowl game... Okie State had their chance against an inferior opponent and blew it. Va Tech's loss was to Clemson, a very good team, but compare their 12 games to Bama's. Ditto Stanford.

I don't care for a rematch either, but I think it's the only shot at producing a close/competitive game amongst the rest of the college football field, unless LSU plays a full 48 minutes like they did the 1st half tonight.

Hell, truth be told, this is one case where I'm in favor of an LSU-Houston National Championship game. Never thought I'd say that.
    An Alabama/LSU rematch makes as much sense as LSU vs _______________. Hell, Alabama didn't even win its own division let alone conference. And being 'competitive' means nothing. Alabama/LSU was a 'competitive' game and was one of the worst played games all year.

Of course, this is all assuming LSU beats a Georgia team everyone is dismissing right now and is on par with playing some of the best football in the country not named LSU. Every week in CFB is a playoff and a rematch in the NC makes about as much sense as well. . . . instituting a playoff system.

Oklahoma State needs to demolish Oklahoma.

Save us from a rematch!
    Go Gators!

An Alabama/LSU rematch makes as much sense as LSU vs _______________.
    Agreed. LSU wins next week, the National Championship game won't mean anything to me. LSU will have proven itself beyond a doubt in my mind.

Hell, Alabama didn't even win its own division let alone conference.
    I could care less about this if they're one of the top 2 teams in the country, which I belive they are.

And being 'competitive' means nothing. Alabama/LSU was a 'competitive' game and was one of the worst played games all year.
    Disagree entirely. Entirely, but that's a matter of taste.

Plus rematches never ever end well. Almost all of them end up in blowouts one way or another.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    No one.
    Alabama's claim to a national championship shot is no stronger than any of the ther 1-loss teams. Of course, their loss was at home -- which I think should factor into this discussion as well.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Of course, their loss was at home -- which I think should factor into this discussion as well.
    So was Stanford's. So was Va Tech's.

Assuming everyone wins out, OSU would have the hardest schedule of any one loss team based upon Sagarin.

Given bama's route post loss relative to LSU's it doesn't seem right to make LSU beat Bama twice to become champions though I think there is a danger that an LSU-OSU matchup might look alot like the Arkansas game from yesterday.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Plus rematches never ever end well. Almost all of them end up in blowouts one way or another.
    Rocky says Hi!
    1st pick of the 2023 baseball amateur draft

Quote Originally Posted by George Foster View Post
    Rocky says Hi!
    Look up real events not movies written for that purpose.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

How can you say Alabama is below the other one loss teams? Alabama has the best "loss" among all 1 loss teams.

Like I said, Alabama is the only team that won't get blown out by LSU. Oklahoma State would lose by 21+ IMO

After demolishing Auburn, I think Bama gets the rematch.

These other teams had their chance to go undefeated and they blew it as well.

If only we had a playoff, all would be well.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    How can you say Alabama is below the other one loss teams? Alabama has the best "loss" among all 1 loss teams.

Like I said, Alabama is the only team that won't get blown out by LSU. Oklahoma State would lose by 21+ IMO
    You don't know that. Alabama had their chance and blew it. Oklahoma State should get that same chance if they beat Oklahoma next week.

Turn Off Ads?