Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: BCS blather

Attack Cat!

Re: BCS blather

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Beating them again. I watched the game. At no point did I ever think that LSU was the better team.
    I watched the game also, and I did think LSU was the better team. The difference, of course, is that LSU actually won.
    Last edited by OUReds; 11-27-2011 at 02:55 PM.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Beating them again. I watched the game. At no point did I ever think that LSU was the better team.
    Arguing who is better between LSU and Alabama is a moot point. We should be debating who are the two best teams. And LSU and Alabama are the two best teams.

Attack Cat!

Quote Originally Posted by Oxilon View Post
    Why does OSU deserve at shot at LSU when they can't beat lowly Iowa St.?
    A good point of course. I can only say again that with Alabama having already lost to LSU, I think another team deserves a shot at them.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    So a team that lost to an unranked team should get a shot at a national championship? How is that fair?
    As others have said, nothing is fair about the crappy BCS but allowing Alabama a rematch against a team they lost at home to is bullcrap. Oklahoma State deserves their chance, regardless of who they lose to.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    As others have said, nothing is fair about the crappy BCS but allowing Alabama a rematch against a team they lost at home to is bullcrap. Oklahoma State deserves their chance, regardless of who they lose to.
    Why do they deserve it though? Because they didn't lose to LSU? That doesn't really hold much water. Do you want the best two teams playing or do you want the #1 team vs someone they haven't played? I want the best two teams playing and I simply don't believe that Oklahoma State is one of those teams.

Why do they deserve it though? Because they didn't lose to LSU? That doesn't really hold much water. Do you want the best two teams playing or do you want the #1 team vs someone they haven't played? I want the best two teams playing and I simply don't believe that Oklahoma State is one of those teams.
    Alabama already had their chance, AT HOME, and blew it. They shouldn't get another chance. I hate LSU, but even as a LSU hater I don't think it's fair to them to have to play Alabama again after beating them once. I also happen to think Oklahoma State is a top 2-3 team in the country. They had one bad game, other than that they have dominated all season long.

Why should LSU play a tougher schedule, beat Bama in Tuscaloosa, play a conference championship game and then HAVE to beat Bama a second time?
    Last edited by jojo; 11-27-2011 at 03:40 PM.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Why should LSU play a tougher schedule, beat Bama in Tuscaloosa, play a conference championship game and then HAVE to beat Bama a second time?
    Because Alabama is the second best team in the country and the current system is set up to try and make the best team play the second best team in the final game of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    Alabama already had their chance, AT HOME, and blew it. They shouldn't get another chance. I hate LSU, but even as a LSU hater I don't think it's fair to them to have to play Alabama again after beating them once. I also happen to think Oklahoma State is a top 2-3 team in the country. They had one bad game, other than that they have dominated all season long.
    Why shouldn't they? I can't stand the SEC in football. I don't like their fans and I really don't think that SEC football is as good as their fans seem to think it is. In every other sport you can play a team you already played and beat in the "playoffs" and that is what the BCS title game is, even though its only a one round playoff. Alabama has only played one bad game this year and it came against the #1 team in the country and they still took it to overtime.

Why shouldn't they? I can't stand the SEC in football. I don't like their fans and I really don't think that SEC football is as good as their fans seem to think it is. In every other sport you can play a team you already played and beat in the "playoffs" and that is what the BCS title game is, even though its only a one round playoff. Alabama has only played one bad game this year and it came against the #1 team in the country and they still took it to overtime.
    How pissed would you be if you were LSU and you lost to 'Bama for the NC?

#1) You've played the toughest schedule in recent memory and went undefeated

#2 You already beat 'bama on their homefield.

#3) Bama didn't even play in the SECCG and LSU has to risk 1 more game to get to the NC in the first place.

IMO, LSU should be crowned NC as soon as they step off the field of beating UGA on Saturday (assuming that happens).

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post

#3) Bama didn't even play in the SECCG and LSU has to risk 1 more game to get to the NC in the first place.

IMO, LSU should be crowned NC as soon as they step off the field of beating UGA on Saturday (assuming that happens).
    That's something that LSU is going to have to deal with. The National Championship involves the #1 and #2 teams in the country. And Oklahoma St. isn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post

1. Doesn't mean anything. The rules for the Championship are what they are.

2. You were lucky to do so.

3. Alabama is the easily one of the best two teams in the SEC. They just happen to be in the same division as the other team that is simply better than everyone else in the country.

The rules are set up to try and make the best two teams play each other in the National Championship BCS Title game. Those two teams are LSU and Alabama.

The idea that you can't rematch someone in a "playoff" is ridiculous. What sport do we have where rematch's can't happen where there is a regular season and something resembling a championship? Baseball has it. The NFL has it. The NBA has it. The NHL has it. College Basketball has it. College Baseball has it (Where two SEC teams played in the finals this past year). Lower levels of college football have it. Everyone has a possibility of playing someone for a championship that they have already beaten when it comes to sports that have regular seasons and playoffs.

What is sad is that LSU can lose the SEC championship game and probably still make the NC game. So you'd have 2 teams from the SEC playing for the NC that didn't even win their conference.

And while I'm sure LSU will come out and play their hearts out in the SEC championship game, what is the motivation for them to win if they have a slot in the NC game no matter what?

It's all a bunch of malarkey in my book.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    What is sad is that LSU can lose the SEC championship game and probably still make the NC game. So you'd have 2 teams from the SEC playing for the NC that didn't even win their conference.

And while I'm sure LSU will come out and play their hearts out in the SEC championship game, what is the motivation for them to win if they have a slot in the NC game no matter what?

It's all a bunch of malarkey in my book.
    I am hoping that it somehow happens. So that there is only one undefeated team in college football who doesn't sniff the title game.

"Anyone who doesn't win their conference has no business playing in the national championship game."~~~~~ Nick Saban, 2003.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Turn Off Ads?