Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: BCS blather

Re: BCS blather

One reason to hate this: there's no sane person who'd rather see Saban win than see Gundy win.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

2. Turn Off Ads?

LOL. The BcS screws it up again. What a complete joke. I won't be watching this garbage.

I honestly think this will lessen the interest the rest of the country has about college football. This is not a good thing in the bigger picture, IMO.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    LOL. The BcS screws it up again. What a complete joke. I won't be watching this garbage.
    I think they got it right. So it isn't a real screw up or a complete joke. In fact, I would imagine most of the country thinks they got it right.

I've got shotgun on the under....
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Wrong choice. I won't watch.

Irony: a "plus one" playoff would include Stanford but not Oregon.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Thing is, if you base your decision based solely on who you think is better, then you open up all kinds of opportunity for things like why can't a 2 loss team be in the final game. Afterall, if it's strictly who is the best team, all of a sudden the record doesn't matter as much. This is the insanity of the BCS. There is no way to decide these things without all kinds of holes being present.
    We already know a two loss team can win the NC. It happened 4 yrs ago with LSU.

there's no sane person who'd rather see Saban win than see ______ win. It doesn't matter who you put there, the answer is the same. Saban is the least likeable coach in college football, by a large margin.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Here's actually why the BCS sucks: Va Tech vs Michigan in the Sugar Bowl. Awful.

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    there's no sane person who'd rather see Saban win than see ______ win. It doesn't matter who you put there, the answer is the same. Saban is the least likeable coach in college football, by a large margin.
    Yeah. Good point. Though Petrino isn't that much of a step up, either.

I think it'd be much simpler if we'd just bag the whole BCS system and let's just start a new tradition of taking the top two SEC teams and let the rest of the country fight it out for the other Bowls. It'll save some poor sap from enduring another SEC beating...

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Here's actually why the BCS sucks: Va Tech vs Michigan in the Sugar Bowl. Awful.
    I sure don't get Mich earning a BCS game. Why not Mich St? There's a lot of more deserving teams and unlike the NC, this is pure politics where it was chosen based upon someone whim rather than a computer ranking. And to those that think this system is rigged towards the SEC, this is not a year that the Big Ten deserves two BCS bids. That's pure charity on the part of the BCS

One of my really good friends had a minor run in with Saban a couple of years ago at the airport. She said he was a first class arse hole in every way. The security team that had to intervene agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I sure don't get Mich earning a BCS game. Why not Mich St? There's a lot of more deserving teams and unlike the NC, this is pure politics where it was chosen based upon someone whim rather than a computer ranking. And to those that think this system is rigged towards the SEC, this is not a year that the Big Ten deserves two BCS bids. That's pure charity on the part of the BCS
    Nor the ACC. Why not K-State?

Turn Off Ads?