Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #13 prospect?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • C Tucker Barnhart

1 1.64%
  • LHP Tony Cingrani

10 16.39%
  • RHP Drew Cisco

0 0%
  • OF Juan Duran

0 0%
  • UT Todd Frazier

28 45.90%
  • UT Brodie Greene

0 0%
  • SS Didi Gregorius

17 27.87%
  • LHP Ismael Guillon

0 0%
  • OF Ryan LaMarre

1 1.64%
  • RHP Kyle Lotzkar

1 1.64%
  • 1B Donald Lutz

0 0%
  • OF Denis Phipps

2 3.28%
  • 2B Henry Rodriguez

1 1.64%
  • 3B Gabriel Rosa

0 0%
  • RHP Pedro Villarreal

0 0%
  • other (please list below)

0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who is Redszone's #13 prospect?

Re: Who is Redszone's #13 prospect?

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    Gold glove-type? Hmm, that's mighty high praise at one of the most important defensive positions around. Didn't know he had that kind of potential, but maybe I'm just underestimating his tools, since his production's been fairly consistent.

Out of curiosity, where do you have Lotzkar? His arm of glass showing up again is gonna bring him down, but I liked the season he had towards the end.
    Gregorius has above average range, a very strong arm and good hands to go with outstanding athleticism. Put it all together and its the potential for a very good defensive player.

With Lotzkar, I have him at #17. Very good stuff and if he had anything resembling a healthy track record, he would be much higher. His improved mechanics are 10x better than what he was using before and should help him remain healthy. The day he was drafted and I saw his mechanics he was using, I was actually scared for him.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by mth123 View Post
    I know this list is getting crowded, but Daniel Renken and David Vidal are both in my top 20. I'd appreciate it if you can add them if not next round, the round after.
    Not that I'm ready to vote for either this high, but I was just about to say that Vidal and Sean Buckley should at least start showing up on the list. Renken is another.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Not that I'm ready to vote for either this high, but I was just about to say that Vidal and Sean Buckley should at least start showing up on the list. Renken is another.

:tangent warning: nice to see buckley have a strong year...

both for him and his dad. that guy has been awesome... or maybe it was just that bad before him? for a team like the Reds, i think their scouts and minor league people contribute more to eventual big league win totals than a much highep paid ML manager

Let's not forget about Ryan Wright either. He looked like a steal at pick #5, and came on strong after a slow start. Looks like an upgraded Valaika.

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    Let's not forget about Ryan Wright either. He looked like a steal at pick #5, and came on strong after a slow start. Looks like an upgraded Valaika.
    I am not sure I am willing to go that far just yet. Valaika, at the same point in their careers, was probably a better player and prospect. He put up stronger numbers at Billings at 20 than Wright did at 21.

I asked the same question for the most part last year, but for all intended purposes, should we write Juan Duran off?

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I asked the same question for the most part last year, but for all intended purposes, should we write Juan Duran off?
    No.

He is very far from being it, but his upside is essentially Adam Dunn. Duran still has a lot to work on with his game though.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    Not at all. He took some steps forward this year, and while he still is extremely raw and has a long way to go, he's still rather young as well. I'd give him as many chances as Yorman has gotten thus far.

Turn Off Ads?