Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Green Bay Packers

Re: The Green Bay Packers

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    They've won 17 straight games, and they epitomize everything I hate about the current NFL. I'm happy your fan and look forward to the next time you pop your head up to remind everyone how awesome you are.

Just doing my bit to point out foolish statements when I read them. Its a tough job but somebody has to do it.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    Can Suh be anymore ridiculous? Blames everyone but himself for his own stupidity.
    Suh is a dirty player and what he did deserves a fine and/or suspension, but the way the media is going after him compared to James Harrison. Suh would actually fit right in with the Steelers.

As for the Pack, I hated watching the Patriots chase perfection but Green Bay is a different story. What makes this years team scarier than last years is that last year's lacked a return game and a pass catching TE (Finley was hurt during the playoffs). With Randall Cobb giving them that presence on special teams, they are that much better this year.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    This of course is coming from the guy who said about 15 straight wins ago that the Ravens could beat Green Bay on a neutral field. Right! Funny how the current rules haven't helped Joe Flacco much.

If Mccarthy wanted to run the ball he could. Starks is a load. When you've got an out of this world quarterback and six big time receivers, why run the ball? Defenses have to double team Finley and Jennings. They just have too. Which is why Jones, Nelson, Driver, and Cobb are always open.

Funny how physical players like Tramon Williams and Charles Woodson don't let current rules bother them. How'd that guy Johnson do today?

But I guess "They're a very good team now" is a nice concession. Thats what 17 straight wins will do.
    So the rules haven't helped out offenses immensely? What rules have the NFL put in place that have helped out defenses? Of course, comparatively speaking, their offense is the best in the league for the past couple years and that's with virtually little help on the ground.

Oh, and their defense is ranked 30th in YPG given up, 26th in rushing y/a and such. They're not even 'average' for NFL standards.

And Woodson doesn't even play "CB." He plays almost like a LB most plays so he's not even a true corner. Meanwhile, Williams played Johnson today. . . . with rolled over coverage up top. Not exactly 'shut down' by himself, but whatever.

And I completely disagree with you about McCarthy running the ball if he wanted to. Green Bay averages 3.9 ypa and is 24th in the NFL. Not that it really matters because their passing game is the best the NFL has seen in 10 years.
    Last edited by Todd Gack; 11-25-2011 at 01:33 PM.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

So, Taiwan decided to make a parody video of Suh:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...rn=nfl-wp12818

Big effort by the Giants today after their Monday night debacle, but Rodgers was simply amazing in the last 58 seconds. Could be a costly win if the great Woodson suffered a serious injury.

I don't see how they can lose. They have built the perfect team for the current NFL and I don't see how you can slow down that pass offense. I think it's the template for how to win with the current NFL rules. I give them credit for it as I think they've just figured it out before everyone else has. The only thing I have a hard time with right now is that they are now getting the Patriots, Colts, and Steelers treatment and getting very favorable officiating. I've never understood this about sports and it's a big pet peeve of mine, but make no mistake, the Packers are getting the benefit of the doubt from teh refs right now.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Can any OSU fans tell me anything about Brandon Saine?

Brandon Saine was a nice find by the Packers, something great organizations always seem to do. He'll never be a feature back, but will be very versatile and will be more than willing to do what a lot of other players don't like to do. He could play a role similar to what Kevin Faulk played over the years for the Patriots. You could also think Darren Sproles without that kind of speed.

He'll wind up being that player the fanbase will love. He won't be spectacular but will do everything he's called on to do and will be a very smart player. He's one of those guys that will get on the nerves of the opposing defense. He'll be valuable to the Packers for years to come.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Brandon Saine was a nice find by the Packers, something great organizations always seem to do. He'll never be a feature back, but will be very versatile and will be more than willing to do what a lot of other players don't like to do. He could play a role similar to what Kevin Faulk played over the years for the Patriots. You could also think Darren Sproles without that kind of speed.

He'll wind up being that player the fanbase will love. He won't be spectacular but will do everything he's called on to do and will be a very smart player. He's one of those guys that will get on the nerves of the opposing defense. He'll be valuable to the Packers for years to come.
    Thanks. Everyone in the organization seems to really like him. Looks like a typical Ted Thompson pickup.

Yep, he's a great fit for that team and a fan-favorite type. He loves to play football. He's not spectacular, but will never phone it in and never scoff at an assignment. Plus, he's got an extremely high football IQ, and is a really good athlete to boot.

Losing Jennings will be a big blow to this team- he's a big time, underated playmaker. On the other hand, Green Bay's receiving corp is very deep and having guys step up when someone is injured has been the key to their success.

I still think in a rematch that the Saints could take the Packers. It's a shame Cutler is injured because I think if he was healthy the Bears may have been able to win.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I still think in a rematch that the Saints could take the Packers. It's a shame Cutler is injured because I think if he was healthy the Bears may have been able to win.
    "On any given Sunday". That's what makes 19 in a row so amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    Losing Jennings will be a big blow to this team- he's a big time, underated playmaker. On the other hand, Green Bay's receiving corp is very deep and having guys step up when someone is injured has been the key to their success.
    He's got five weeks before GB will play a game that really matters.Sure it might make it a bit more difficult to go 16-0 but winning playoff games and the Super Bowl is what really matters.Of course going 16-0 would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    The Saints seem to play very bad on the road although they still win most of the time.If that rematch happens it will be a road game for them unless they go 3-0 and the Packers go 0-3 and that's not happening.

Turn Off Ads?