Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Green Bay Packers

Re: The Green Bay Packers

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Gack View Post
    but I love a sport, like MLB, where you often pitted against the likes of the Yanks/Sox.
    Right- The Reds versus the Yankees and Red Sox. I remember it like it was yesterday.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Always nice to beat the Bears, and get the # 1 seed, and eliminate the Bears from the playoffs, and get 14 wins in one year.

Matt Flynn made himself a lot of money today.

You just knew it was going to be Big Blue who would show up next weekend in Lambeau. Shades of 2008. This is going to be a tough one. The Giants have rebounded well since the debacle in New Orleans and Manning and Coughlin know how to win in the cold. But despite 2 wins over the Giants in the last year, I think the Packers still owe them one for the day Farve forgot to show up.

Greg Jennings tweeted this today: "The team that kept us from our potential Super Bowl in 08 is back on OUR turf now. Trust me, we haven't forgotten."

Aaron Rodgers: 'Been a rough couple days'
    January, 10, 2012
    JAN 10

By Kevin Seifert
    Those of you who listened Tuesday afternoon to "The Aaron Rodgers Show" on ESPN 540 in Milwaukee know that the Green Bay Packers have been deeply, deeply impacted by the death of offensive coordinator Joe Philbin's 21-year-old son.

Speaking in low tones and a halting voice, Rodgers said, "It's been a rough couple days around the facility," and, "a lot of us have been really upset."

It's fair to wonder about the Packers' mental state when they begin practicing Wednesday for Sunday's divisional playoff game against the New York Giants. Rodgers expressed confidence but also acknowledged reality.

"We're all professionals," Rodgers said. "We have to be able to separate the on-the-field from the off-the-field stuff. And make sure when you're at work, you remain focused. But we're human as well, and the human element is that it's on your mind. You're thinking about it. You're thinking about Joe."

Rodgers said that "a lot of people" have visited the Philbin family home to express condolences and said he spoke with Philbin, as well.

"What do you say to someone who has lost their son in a tragic way like this?" Rodgers said. "At 28, there are no words I can say to comfort him. I wanted him to know how much I care about him and [his wife] Diane and the family and I'm praying for him.

"But I think once we get in here on Wednesday, it's going to be about beating the Giants and making sure we're doing everything we can do to play our best game."

The Packers are scheduled to practice at noon ET Wednesday then will conduct postpractice interviews with reporters.

In a world and a genre where I am constantly surrounded by hype (ESPN, the Eagles, Tony Romo, Tebow, Rex Ryan, ect, ect), this Giant-Packer game is going to be the real deal.

Wellington Mara, Tobin Rote, Charlie Connerly, Henry Jordan, Justin Tuck, the great Charles Woodson. Lets go! I'm ready.

Well, get em next year. Let's start the baseball season.

Same here, buddy.

You can't drop that many balls and botch 2 on-side kicks and expect to win unfortunately.

The Packers were not in the game yesterday. Very poor performance in just about every regard.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    The Packers were not in the game yesterday. Very poor performance in just about every regard.
    Yes. My interest in the playoffs just went way down as I don't have a team to root for.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    Yes. My interest in the playoffs just went way down as I don't have a team to root for.
    My problem is I've got 4 teams to root against. I guess I hate the 49ers least.

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN INDY View Post
    Bingo. I don't know if it was the 2 week layoff, the Philbin stuff or overconfidence. Rodgers and the receivers' timing was off, nobody held on to the ball, and McCarthy made some really strange decisions. They didn't tackle or pressure Eli, but that's been a problem all year.

Plus the Giants came to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    My problem is I've got 4 teams to root against. I guess I hate the 49ers least.
    You hate the Giants? I can't say I love them or anything, but I really don't mind them either. I will forever be okay with the Giants after they beat New England in the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    You hate the Giants? I can't say I love them or anything, but I really don't mind them either. I will forever be okay with the Giants after they beat New England in the Super Bowl.
    I respect the Giants-they gave us Vince. I met Wellington Mara once and he and his wife were really nice people. But I don't have much to say for Giant fans and I would hate to see them win another Super Bowl.

Turn Off Ads?