Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Rhinegeist has a rotational APA out right now called Zen. It's a great session beer and a perfect smooth, crisp, well rounded, summertime beer. I'm not a fan of really hoppy beers and this one is only mildly so.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    Rhinegeist has a rotational APA out right now called Zen. It's a great session beer and a perfect smooth, crisp, well rounded, summertime beer. I'm not a fan of really hoppy beers and this one is only mildly so.
    Zen was good, I still think Cougar is a better, crisper beer, but it gives me another Rhinegeist beer to drink, especially in the summer.

Was in Hilton Head this past week and had this beer.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thomas Creek.png 
Views:	71 
Size:	34.8 KB 
ID:	7199

Fantastic. One of my favorite Pilsners I have had in a while. Maybe the ambiance had a little to do with it, but great none the less.

Re: German-style local beers. MadTree's Lift (Kölsch) is pretty good.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

5. Likes:

Boss-Hog (05-26-2014),reds1869 (05-25-2014)

Just cracked 1 of these open and can say it's definitely 1 of the best beers I've ever had. Easily in the top 3. Just incredible.

Name:	bellsblacknote.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	51.8 KB 
ID:	7226

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Just cracked 1 of these open and can say it's definitely 1 of the best beers I've ever had. Easily in the top 3. Just incredible.

I need to have one. Right now.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    have you had one before? it sucks that distro and production both are so limited, but it's worth the hype. i think it's better than KBS or even the Bourbon County Brand Stout.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    It's on the menu at the Dingle House in West Chester for $12. I tried to order one yesterday (thanks to this thread), but unfortunately, they were out.

Heading to Lexington for the weekend. Going to make a stop here:

http://countryboybrewing.com/#home

Here:

http://www.westsixth.com/

And here:

http://bluestallionbrewing.com/

Wish me luck.

Those bourbon barrel aged beers are quite the rage right now. The first one I had a couple yrs ago didn't impress me. it tasted like someone had poured Jim Beam into my beer but the more recent ones have really grown on me. I think
    New Holland Brewery in Mich really got this trend going with their Dragon's Milk. It's won many awards and has led to that brewery being named the best in Mich. Hey, where is Black Note brewed?

Name:	NewGlarus.JPG 
Views:	77 
Size:	173.5 KB 
ID:	7275

Had a Sconnie bring this back to town. Not sure there's a beer I enjoy more than Two Women. Also got a sixer of Totally Naked, which is pretty tasty itself.

What's the ABV?
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    Heading to Lexington for the weekend. Going to make a stop here:

http://countryboybrewing.com/#home

Here:

http://www.westsixth.com/

And here:

http://bluestallionbrewing.com/

Wish me luck.
    So, what'd you think? Country Boy makes the best all around brews, IMO, but West Sixth's atmosphere is hard to beat.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

I had a New Belgium Snapshot Wheat the other night. I hated it. Didn't even finish it. But then I don't really like the style, but I culdn't drink it.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    So, what'd you think? Country Boy makes the best all around brews, IMO, but West Sixth's atmosphere is hard to beat.
    I had been to Country Boy once before and tried their Cougar Bait at other locations. I love their beers. I never had considered myself much of a craft beer guy, but after my first Country Boy I came to conclusion that it was because I had never had good craft beer before. I love their taproom too. It's grungy and smells like a locker room, love it.

I enjoyed the other two also, although we got to Blue Stallion last and by then I was feeling a little too good and only tried their Hefeweizen. I did think their bar was odd, sitting on a stool I think I was at eye level with the top of the bar.

I just love Lexington. I see myself moving their at some point in my future. I'm pretty sure I would become regulars at Country Boy and Keeneland.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    I had been to Country Boy once before and tried their Cougar Bait at other locations. I love their beers. I never had considered myself much of a craft beer guy, but after my first Country Boy I came to conclusion that it was because I had never had good craft beer before. I love their taproom too. It's grungy and smells like a locker room, love it.

I enjoyed the other two also, although we got to Blue Stallion last and by then I was feeling a little too good and only tried their Hefeweizen. I did think their bar was odd, sitting on a stool I think I was at eye level with the top of the bar.

I just love Lexington. I see myself moving their at some point in my future. I'm pretty sure I would become regulars at Country Boy and Keeneland.
    Come on down! Yea the Blue Stallion bar is really bizarre. There's a code that says your tabletop must be a certain height above the pipes, and they had to build it that high to meet that mark. Makes for an uncomfortable seat. I try and get the tables outside when I can.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Turn Off Ads?