Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 37 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Thing is, they vary so much. Some have that cinnamon-apple cider kind of vibe to them, some don't.

That Delirium Noel is not overpowering and doesn't have too strong of a taste, although some would consider the Belgian yeast to be a strong characteristic while I don't. The Sam Adams winter lager is actually not too heavy either if you haven't had that one.
    I am not a huge fan of Sam Adams to start off, but I wasn't really all that impressed with their winter lager. When it is cold out I don't mind drinking one or two xmas ales to warm the innards up. My problem is they are very flavorful and also strong. I do enjoy the Great Lakes, but after about two I generally switch to a lighter, more refreshing style beer.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    They were out when I asked. Grr!
    You can buy it in bottles at Party Source across the river. I've got a 4-pack in my basement to prove it!

4. Likes:

reds1869 (12-06-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I may be one of the few, but I am not a huge fan of XMas Ales. I will drink one from time to time, but any more than two and they play havoc with my stomach.
    I've never had a Christmas Ale I that made me crave 2nds either. Winter time means Stouts and Porters for me. Tonight it's...

Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

My beer of choice tonight is Johnny Drum Private Stock bourbon. Gotta branch out, you know.

had some of this deliciousness tonight...

8. Likes:

BillDoran (12-07-2013),TSJ55 (01-04-2014),WildcatFan (12-10-2013)

Nine beers Americans no longer drink.

http://247wallst.com/special-report/...onger-drink-2/
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Since my doctor told me to drink beer for my kidney stones, I've been discovering what I don't like (Budweiser, etc.) and what I do (anything dark). after finishing off a six-pack of Sam Adams Oktoberfest and really enjoying it, I picked up their winter lager.

It is drinkable. It goes down quickly. Other than that, I can't particularly say I'm enjoying it. It reminds me of some wassail a lady I know makes around Christmas, with an added alcohol taste.
    It is on the whole probable that we continually dream, but that consciousness makes such a noise that we do not hear it. Carl Jung.

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Nine beers Americans no longer drink.

http://247wallst.com/special-report/...onger-drink-2/
    The only one on that list that I'd miss is Millers MGD. They seem to have quit marketing it. Some of those mentioned are quite logical. For example Mich Light is certainly going to take a hit if Mich Ultra is growing. You won't see Bud market both of them. Actually Michelob Light was never technically considered a light beer because it didn't cut enough calories off of its original beer

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post
    Since my doctor told me to drink beer for my kidney stones, I've been discovering what I don't like (Budweiser, etc.) and what I do (anything dark). after finishing off a six-pack of Sam Adams Oktoberfest and really enjoying it, I picked up their winter lager.

It is drinkable. It goes down quickly. Other than that, I can't particularly say I'm enjoying it. It reminds me of some wassail a lady I know makes around Christmas, with an added alcohol taste.
    So you've been told that drinking beer is good for kidney stones? That's pretty cool.

Yes, the recent growth of dark beers has been a welcome addition to the beer scene. Hard to even call it the same drink as the watered down American Lagers that we've been so accustomed to.

13. Likes:

marcshoe (12-09-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    The only one on that list that I'd miss is Millers MGD. They seem to have quit marketing it. Some of those mentioned are quite logical. For example Mich Light is certainly going to take a hit if Mich Ultra is growing. You won't see Bud market both of them. Actually Michelob Light was never technically considered a light beer because it didn't cut enough calories off of its original beer
    I drank MGD on a regular basis back in the early 90s. It was pretty good. A step up from the Old Milwaukee and stuff I drank in college.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Michelob Light was my first favorite beer. Back in college when Miller Lite in a can was something special every once in a while I would splurge for a 6 pack of Michelob Light. To me the bottle was different and cool and it tasted better than your generic light beer.

Quote Originally Posted by marcshoe View Post

I love Sam Adams' Oktoberfest. I think it's their best offering.

17. Likes:

marcshoe (12-09-2013)

Best Christmas Ale I've had. Fantastic stuff.

Breckinridge Christmas Ale. Had a couple tonight on tap. Pretty good, but not great. I wanted Corsendonk Belgium Strong Christmas Ale but unfortunately the keg had run dry.
    Last edited by 919191; 12-20-2013 at 02:18 AM.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Best Christmas Ale I've had. Fantastic stuff.
    Did you find this in a store or bar/restaurant?

Turn Off Ads?