Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Hey, I noticed last night that a new beer place opened up in the Fields Ertel Rd area. Burgers and Brews at the old Bob Evans location in Symmes Township on Mason-Montgomery Rd across from Frisch's is now open. They have a lot of TVs and most importantly a ton of taps. Just from driving around it last night it looked like about 20 taps encompassing three sides of the bar

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Yuengling is better than the Bud and Miller Lite's of the world, but I'd still put it in the same class/category as them. I think it's much closer to them than it is to Sam Adams. I don't think it's close to the quality of Sam Adams.
    Yuengling, in my professional opinion, deserves a better ranking than the Bud/Miller class. Agreed, it ain't in the same stratosphere with Sam Adams. I tell my friends, Yuengling is in that vacuum between the good beers and the lower beers. It fills a void but there is a distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post
    Just tried Blue Moon Winter Abbey something or other. It tastes really sweet initially, but the after taste is so horribly bitey that I couldn't finish it. Back to Bud Light.

The Blue Moon Abbey Ale is generally a decent winter brew. If you are a regular Bud Light drinker it is not surprising that you didn't like this beer.

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Picked up a six-pack of Michelob over the weekend because I hadn't had it in years. Not Michelob Light, Ultra, or Dark...just plain ol' Michelob Lager. Very refreshing and to quote Johnny F., just "tastes like beer."

Does Mic even make the old 'Classic Dark' anymore. I haven't seen it ages. I have always assumed they tinkered with the recipe and brought it back as Amber Bock...anyone know? The old Classic Dark was pretty good stuff.

Sierra Nevada's Celebration is better than Great Lakes's Christmas Ale. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Sierra Nevada's Celebration is better than Great Lakes's Christmas Ale. Thoughts?
    It's a classic 20 years plus, always enjoyed it more than Anchor Steams too which can be too nutmeggy some years

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Hey, I noticed last night that a new beer place opened up in the Fields Ertel Rd area. Burgers and Brews at the old Bob Evans location in Symmes Township on Mason-Montgomery Rd across from Frisch's is now open. They have a lot of TVs and most importantly a ton of taps. Just from driving around it last night it looked like about 20 taps encompassing three sides of the bar
    Hum..... I'll have to check that out. That's in my neighborhood (as much as 'burbs have neighborhoods).
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    Yuengling, in my professional opinion, deserves a better ranking than the Bud/Miller class. Agreed, it ain't in the same stratosphere with Sam Adams. I tell my friends, Yuengling is in that vacuum between the good beers and the lower beers. It fills a void but there is a distinction.
    I agree with you if you're adding an additional class I wasn't aware of.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    It's a classic 20 years plus, always enjoyed it more than Anchor Steams too which can be too nutmeggy some years
    I love Celebration. Sierra Nevada puts out consistently solid beer. I always recommend them as an entry point for friends looking to drink higher quality beer than BMC. My beer drinking has been curtailed for health reasons but Sierra Nevada Pale Ale is still my go to when I can have a drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Hum..... I'll have to check that out. That's in my neighborhood (as much as 'burbs have neighborhoods).
    If you go, give us a report and I'll do the same...

Ditto for the new place at the old Willie's location in Kenwood across the street from Dana Motors. It's a locally owned place concentrating on diverse beer choices and sandwiches, just opened a week or so ago

I had one of these tonight on tap served in a snifter. I really didn't like it. After I was home, I looked at beer advocate's review and they agreed.
    Last edited by 919191; 12-06-2011 at 01:48 AM.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Yeah, I've been attempting to try as many of these holiday beers as possible (first Christmas as a 21 year old), and of the five or so I've tried none are as good as Celebration...

I am enjoying Samuel Adams Holiday Porter and Old Fezziwig Ale.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Boulevard Bourbon Barrel Quad. Finally. It's almost as good as Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale.
    http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/423/43670
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Really enjoying this beer. Not a huge left hand brewery fan but this pilsner is top notch.

I know some people love Anchor Steam. I have tried it and its kinda blah to me. Not bad, not great, a little pricey.

Turn Off Ads?