Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What do you do/did for a living?

What do you do/did for a living?

If users don’t mind sharing

I work in a healthcare facility. Manage census and billing charges. Manage managed care authorizations, insurance follow up, accounts payable, and accounts receivable/bad debt follow ups are some of my tasks.

Dealing with insurance companies at times feels like the bane of my existence

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: What do you do/did for a living?

I steal peoples identities on the internet and sell it in the dark web. I also sell Kleenex caddies decorated with pennies on Etsy

Nah.. I’m a business systems analyst who works for the government

4. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-15-2022),ShyGuy (09-16-2022)

I worked in the IT industry for 47 years. The last 14 years as an IT security engineer for an insurance company (sorry shyguy). Kept the bad guys out.

Spent most of this year becoming a cancer survivor. Now I’m working on being retired.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

6. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-15-2022),goreds2 (09-15-2022),moewan (09-15-2022),RedsBaron (09-19-2022),RFS62 (09-26-2022),ShyGuy (09-16-2022),WVRed (09-16-2022)

What do you do/did for a living?

I develop software for the travel industry and deal in second hand Kleenex caddies I buy from WOY on Etsy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    School's out. What did you expect?

8. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-15-2022),ShyGuy (09-16-2022)

I work for a contractor to the Federal Government. I have been on a contract at State Department in Diplomatic Security since 2014 within the CFO's office. We basically do the things within finance the Feds don't want to do and try to keep them out of trouble. I have worked within the Federal Government in some capacity since 1990 and hope to be enjoying retirement in the near future.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

10. Likes:

ShyGuy (09-16-2022)

I'm a software implementation engineer/consultant and in my spare time I teach sailing for the American Sailing Association and am an adjunct lecturer at Indiana University. I also collect vintage Kleenex caddies.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

12. Likes:

cumberlandreds (09-15-2022),ShyGuy (09-16-2022),westofyou (09-15-2022)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Web Developer for a defense contractor.

I actually had a dream job lined up this past April that involved working closely with the NFL. It was a Director level position, even. Unfortunately, it was not remote, and I would have had to take close to a 50k pay cut.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

14. Likes:

ShyGuy (09-16-2022)

Do the number of posters saying they work for the government explain how they have the time available to be such good posters here?

Jokes aside being a new poster here its cool to have an idea what's on the other side of the internet

Professor of film and media
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

17. Likes:

757690 (09-18-2022),Dom Heffner (01-04-2024)

I'm a cook, I also pine for Kleenex caddies.

Mortgage underwriter for a bank with two ordinal numbers in its name.
    The seven most magic words in all the land...
    "If, in the opinion of the referee,..."

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

RIA - Registered Investment Advisor. I try not to lose people's hard earned and not hard earned (inherited) money. My own firm.

I used to write an investment newsletter when there was a stock market in Venezuela. Immigrated to the US almost 20 years ago. Haven't been to Martha's Vineyard.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

21. Likes:

The Operator (09-26-2022)

Propane and Propane accessories.

23. Likes:

*BaseClogger* (01-02-2024),cincinnati chili (10-01-2022),dfs (09-18-2022),moewan (09-19-2022),RFS62 (09-26-2022),The Operator (09-26-2022),TRF (10-10-2022),westofyou (09-18-2022),wolfboy (10-07-2022)

Scientific computing with emphasis on statistics and image processing. Spent 30 years as research staff studying Osteoporosis. Working for space force now.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

25. Likes:

Roy Tucker (09-28-2022)

I am a lawyer and have been since 1979. While I have handled a large variety of matters, the primary focus of my practice has been civil litigation, much of which has been representing insurance companies and their insureds. I believe that one of those insurance companies is the one where Roy Tucker was employed. I am getting closer to joining him in retirement.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

27. Likes:

Roy Tucker (09-22-2022)

Turn Off Ads?