Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 37 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Quote Originally Posted by mole44 View Post
    There was a time where I would have said you were crazy, a glass is a glass. Then a year or two ago I picked up a couple of the Sam Adams glasses. Now I pretty much drink all my bottled beer from them. The shape really does enhance most beers I drink.

Here is the ad.....

Boston Lager Glass - YouTube
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

2. Turn Off Ads?

Got a buddy at work that is really into beer making. He started out with Mr Beer a few years back, but has invested a few hundred dollars in his setup, and makes some simply fantastic beer. Just got a German dunkel from him that is marvelous.

I may have to drink the "brand names" when I'm on the golf course - though the local course now has Wooden Shoe - ...... http://woodenshoebrews.com/

but any other time give me micro-brewery beer. And I loves me a good pale Ale.

We went to BJ's Brewhouse last month, and I sampled a few of their handcrafted beers. Quite tasty. Loved their Piranha Pale Ale and Oktoberfest lager.

http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/bj-beers
    Last edited by GAC; 02-05-2012 at 06:05 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Does that pic of the Sam Adams glass make you as thirsty as it does me?
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    We went to BJ's Brewhouse last month, and I sampled a few of their handcrafted beers. Quite tasty. Loved their Piranha Pale Ale and Oktoberfest lager.

http://www.bjsbrewhouse.com/bj-beers
    BJ's still has Oktoberfest on tap? Usually they're done with those before by December in order to make room for the various Christmas and winter brews

Secondary fermenting this week. I'll have me five gallons of some irish stout by Spring Break.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I'm sure many of you are anxious to head down to the Moerlein Lager House and when you do, I'd suggest you try the guest tap Duchesse de Bourgogne if you're feeling adventurous. I think it's the kind of beer that you'll either love or despise. I'm afraid I'm in the latter group but I think it'll arise strong reactions either way. It's served in a tulip shaped brandy snifter glass and is dark in color. It's way too sour for my tastes and I couldn't finish it but I'd like to hear other responses here to see if it was just me.

Anyone going to Bockfest this weekend?

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2.../ENT/303010209

edit: wrong thread

Quote Originally Posted by Reds/Flyers Fan View Post
    Anyone going to Bockfest this weekend?

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2.../ENT/303010209
    The Bock beer was fantastic. I went on Sat night. It was crowded but managable. I did Ribs with Mitt at 7pm, Bockfest at the Beer Hall and then ended the evening with a sandwich and one final beer at the Lager House. Great evening and great to see all these things going on downtown. It also looked like there was a line coming out the door to get into Toby Keith's

So, I met my son for beers at Claddaugh in Mason last night. Seems to be the only way I can see him any more.

It turned out that it was some whoop-dee-doo with Bell's (my son called it a tap takeover) at Claddaugh and they had all kinds of Bell's beer there. My son (who is a beer snob and drinks beer way above his station in life) was ecstatic and orgasmic.

Had a Bell's Black Note Stout, Expedition Stout, and an amber ale. I had another beer in there somewhere in a little goblet but I forget what it was. Evidently the Black Note Stout was a big deal. They weren't selling it but if you schmoozed your waitstaff or barstaff, they gave you a ticket for it (which we did a couple times). Potent stuff.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    So, I met my son for beers at Claddaugh in Mason last night. Seems to be the only way I can see him any more.

It turned out that it was some whoop-dee-doo with Bell's (my son called it a tap takeover) at Claddaugh and they had all kinds of Bell's beer there. My son (who is a beer snob and drinks beer way above his station in life) was ecstatic and orgasmic.

Had a Bell's Black Note Stout, Expedition Stout, and an amber ale. I had another beer in there somewhere in a little goblet but I forget what it was. Evidently the Black Note Stout was a big deal. They weren't selling it but if you schmoozed your waitstaff or barstaff, they gave you a ticket for it (which we did a couple times). Potent stuff.
    I wouldn't consider myself a beer snob. I do like to try the micro brews but often choose their pilsner or lager. I am not a big fan of their hoppier or more "flavorful" beers.

The problem I find with the Stouts, ales, etc. is that you have two of them and your feeling little pain and all that hop leaves me with a headach the next morning regardless of how many I drink.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I wouldn't consider myself a beer snob. I do like to try the micro brews but often choose their pilsner or lager. I am not a big fan of their hoppier or more "flavorful" beers.

The problem I find with the Stouts, ales, etc. is that you have two of them and your feeling little pain and all that hop leaves me with a headach the next morning regardless of how many I drink.
    Yeah, I've found I'd rather have one good beer than a couple Bud Lights or Millers. I'm just not as educated about it as what my son is. I've heard him talk about Bell's before, but its not in my garage fridge on a regular basis. So this event was little lost on me. He was calling his beer friends up and saying "you can't beleive what I'm drinking right now".

And yes, I'm not a big fan of the hoppier beers so I stay away from the IPAs. Zach is though.

And yes, it got a little drunk out last night. I called my wife up to come get me. That went over big.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Being from Michigan I usually try to get whatever Bells is on tap at a place, and it rarely seems to disappoint. As good as Great Lakes is, I think Bells is even better...

Lets try this. Newly turned 21-year old, what beer should I try out here in Columbus for a nice drink sitting outside in this beautiful weather over Spring Break?
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Quote Originally Posted by 11larkin11 View Post
    Lets try this. Newly turned 21-year old, what beer should I try out here in Columbus for a nice drink sitting outside in this beautiful weather over Spring Break?
    I would try any and all. You just turned 21... time to get silly drunk.
    Let's get weird!

Turn Off Ads?