Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Anyone know the closest place to Indianapolis that sells Yuengling?

Also, is Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale available in Indiana?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Stat geek...and proud
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Anyone know the closest place to Indianapolis that sells Yuengling?

I think you have to go to Ohio for Yuengling. It's only a little over an hour on 70 East. There's a little town called New Paris right past the line. I live there. We have Yuengling.

Quote Originally Posted by WildcatFan View Post
    Glen Creek Brewery. They're not actually doing anything of their own. I've heard the beer list is pretty good, but that it's pricey. That building is cursed anyway, so I wouldn't expect to have them around long.
    Yes, Glen Creek was a disappointment to me. Historically bad location despite being so close to the popular Beer Trappe.

I'm a big fan of Country Boy Brewing and West-6th in Lexington. Both have fine and diverse products. Country Boy has a bigger selection, 24-25 taps with roughly half theirs and half "other" microbrews. W-6th is purely their product and not quite as diverse but all are outstanding beers. Anyone else been?
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    I think you have to go to Ohio for Yuengling. It's only a little over an hour on 70 East. There's a little town called New Paris right past the line. I live there. We have Yuengling.
    I'm buying about 10 cases. Do the liquor stores there carry that much?
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Stat geek...and proud
    I'm not sure, actually. There's two places in town that sell beer, but this is a very small town. To get a real liquor store you have to go about 10 miles farther.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

It is. Cavalier distributes it.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale is truly a wonderful thing

Quote Originally Posted by PedroBourbon View Post
    I'm a big fan of Country Boy Brewing and West-6th in Lexington. Both have fine and diverse products. Country Boy has a bigger selection, 24-25 taps with roughly half theirs and half "other" microbrews. W-6th is purely their product and not quite as diverse but all are outstanding beers. Anyone else been?
    I frequent Country Boy, and it's even better than advertised. Those guys really know their stuff. If you like stouts and porters, I highly recommend the Amos Moses and Black Gold Porter. But Papaw's Red, which is aged in a Pappy Van Winkle barrel, is probably the best of the bunch. I'm also partial to the Nacho Bait, which has jalapeņo in it.

West Sixth is particularly good if you like IPAs--their regular IPA is available around this area in cans, but the Double IPA is worth visiting the brewery itself for. I also like the Transylvania Tripel.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

Quote Originally Posted by coachpipe View Post
    Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale is truly a wonderful thing
    Shameless plug alert (I happen to work at the brewery):

If you like the BBA, try to find the Bourbon Barrel Stout just launched a few months ago. Aged on coffee beans, and it's really good. We're also in the middle of a launch of the Kentucky IPA, and I've been pretty happy with it.

If you like the BBA, try to find the Bourbon Barrel Stout just launched a few months ago. Aged on coffee beans, and it's really good. We're also in the middle of a launch of the Kentucky IPA, and I've been pretty happy with it.
    looks like i need to be more of an alcoholic

I love the ale -- it tastes just like whiskey without the burn.

The stout tastes like just a gimmicky beer to me.

Quote Originally Posted by gilpdawg View Post
    I'm not sure, actually. There's two places in town that sell beer, but this is a very small town. To get a real liquor store you have to go about 10 miles farther.
    Thanks for the info, gilpdawg. Sounds like I might have to make a run through a few towns to purchase the quantities I need.

Stat geek...and proud
    Thanks for the info, gilpdawg. Sounds like I might have to make a run through a few towns to purchase the quantities I need.
    The convenience stores here in town carry high enough quantities to get through the "Sunday Hoosier Blitz" so you may be able to get enough without going to Eaton or Lewisburg. People who live here know to get their gas and smokes on Saturday because the stores are swamped with Indiana folks coming over from Richmond to get beer. It's literally 5 minutes from the state line (and I-70) so it's easy.

Probably but call ahead. It'll be a call they'll love to take...

Turn Off Ads?