Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 166 to 180 of 384

Thread: Beer Thread :Spinoff

  1. #166
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    43,276

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Quote Originally Posted by Australian Red View Post
    What does a standard pint of beercost at a Bar/Pub in Cincinatti?
    In Portland it is $4.50 (Unless you're a regular and you get happy hour prices all the time like me) then it's $3.50

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #167
    Member Australian Red's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    75

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    In Portland it is $4.50 (Unless you're a regular and you get happy hour prices all the time like me) then it's $3.50
    So about $5aud i think i can live with that considering standard pints are about $8 here.

  4. #168
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,478

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Quote Originally Posted by Australian Red View Post
    What does a standard pint of beercost at a Bar/Pub in Cincinatti?
    It varies wildly based on location and what is on tap. In my neighborhood (Downtown) a pint usually runs $4-7 but less with discounts for happy hour.

  5. #169
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    539

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Anyone ever been to a flying saucer location? http://www.beerknurd.com/stores/

    Kind of like Moerlein, but with a much Better beer selection and much better priced. Unfortunately none in Ohio, and it looks like none of their locations are near any sports venues (St Louis location looks close to Busch).

    Awesome place, if you love beer and are near one, I highly recommend it!

  6. #170
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,478

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    I've been in love with Great Lakes Rye of the Tiger lately. Worth a shot for the IPA fans.

  7. Likes:

    WildcatFan (06-09-2013)

  8. #171
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,629

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    It varies wildly based on location and what is on tap. In my neighborhood (Downtown) a pint usually runs $4-7 but less with discounts for happy hour.
    At the Banks (which is downtown near the Reds/Bengals Stadia) a glass of beer is about 7-8 bucks. In the 'burbs it's more $4-6. You can get deals for cheap American beer like Miller or Bud Lite for about $2 but that's not my thing

  9. #172
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    721

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    I've been tempted purchase a sixer of Alimony Ale for awhile now but something was holding me back. On Saturday I finally gave in...should have remained w/ my gut. So bad. Tin lined Tupperware comes to mind. It was the worst IPA I've had in quite a long time. Anybody else had this? Thoughts?
    Everything that can be counted does not necessarily count; everything that counts cannot necessarily be counted.

    All the dishes rattle in the cupboards when the elephants arrive

  10. #173
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,478

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    At the Banks (which is downtown near the Reds/Bengals Stadia) a glass of beer is about 7-8 bucks.
    At Moerlein (which I love), yes. Anywhere else at the Banks you'll pay less. They will drill you a bit on game day, though. Believe me, I live here and know the beer offerings a little too well.

    On the topic of downtown beer deals, check out Nicholson's happy hour. $3 drafts of some really good beer.

  11. #174
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,290

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    At Moerlein (which I love), yes. Anywhere else at the Banks you'll pay less. They will drill you a bit on game day, though. Believe me, I live here and know the beer offerings a little too well.

    On the topic of downtown beer deals, check out Nicholson's happy hour. $3 drafts of some really good beer.
    Really? I am not a big fan of Moerlein. I think the beer is pretty meh, nothing great, nothing bad. I also think the food is a little pricey and meh as well. Don't get me wrong I love going down there, especially to the lawn outside, before Reds game I just wish their beer was better.

  12. #175
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Went to Whole Foods and they let you build your own 6 pack (at least the one here does) and they have a great selection there.

    Here is what I got...













    Total came to $24 for the 6 pack. Not a great deal to be honest, but even at an average price of $4 a bottle, that's still cheaper than going to a bar here easily. These beers would probably go for $7-8 each.

  13. #176
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,478

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Really? I am not a big fan of Moerlein. I think the beer is pretty meh, nothing great, nothing bad. I also think the food is a little pricey and meh as well. Don't get me wrong I love going down there, especially to the lawn outside, before Reds game I just wish their beer was better.
    I rarely drink their beer, I usually get the guest drafts. They always have things on tap that aren't listed if you ask the right servers or bartenders. As for the food, I love it for what it is and think the prices are ok. In fairness I dine almost exclusively in Downtown and OTR, so Moerlein's prices are fairly expected.

  14. #177
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,629

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    At Moerlein (which I love), yes. Anywhere else at the Banks you'll pay less. They will drill you a bit on game day, though. Believe me, I live here and know the beer offerings a little too well.

    On the topic of downtown beer deals, check out Nicholson's happy hour. $3 drafts of some really good beer.
    I found the prices at Yardhouse to be about $7-8 beer. Am I off on that?

  15. #178
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,629

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Went to Whole Foods and they let you build your own 6 pack (at least the one here does) and they have a great selection there.

    Here is what I got...

    Total came to $24 for the 6 pack. Not a great deal to be honest, but even at an average price of $4 a bottle, that's still cheaper than going to a bar here easily. These beers would probably go for $7-8 each.
    Whoa. That's a lot of IPAs. Those EBUs gotta be givin' you a bitter beer face, I'd think...

  16. #179
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,629

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Anyone ever done the Jungle Jims Beer Fest? It's this weekend and it seems pretty pricey but I was wondering if anyone here had tried it and if so, was it worth the price?

  17. #180
    We Need Our Myths reds1869's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Overlooking GABP
    Posts
    4,478

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I found the prices at Yardhouse to be about $7-8 beer. Am I off on that?
    I went last night and now have to admit I never order off the regular price menu. I always go at happy hour and pay $3-5. You are correct about the regular prices. Since I start work early in the morning and get off at 2:30, I tend to view happy hour as regular pricing for dinner.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25