Turn Off Ads?
Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Did you find this in a store or bar/restaurant?
    Both. I was in Richmond, VA last weekend and there is fantastic bar there called Mekong. I highly recommend it if you ever find yourself in Richmond. They have an amazing beer selection and they had the beer on tap. Never seen that before. I have seen it in stores here in NYC too, albeit not everywhere.

I do know that Jungle Jim's in Fairfield had it last year. I'm not sure about this year, but I'm sure you could call and ask or tweet to them (they are good with Twitter).

Again, and I don't want to overhype it, but it really was the best Christmas/Holiday Ale I've had.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Party Source in Newport has it. I walked by a display the other day, and then came home and read fearofpop’s comments. I interpret this as a sign that I must embark on another pilgrimage to Newport.

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post

Breckinridge Christmas Ale. Had a couple tonight on tap. Pretty good, but not great. I wanted Corsendonk Belgium Strong Christmas Ale but unfortunately the keg had run dry.
    Had this last night, on tap, at Delicio's. Very tasty. What other beers would you recommend from Breckinridge?

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Nine beers Americans no longer drink.

http://247wallst.com/special-report/...onger-drink-2/
    If I had a dollar for every Milwaukee's Best Light I drank in college I wouldn't be working today. That stuff was $3.29/12 pack back in the day. Perfect for a college student budget.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Had the Bells Christmas Ale over Christmas. I thought it was great. It was a heavier beer but not loaded with the spice that is often associated with Christmas Ales.

7. Likes:

Roy Tucker (12-26-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Had the Bells Christmas Ale over Christmas. I thought it was great. It was a heavier beer but not loaded with the spice that is often associated with Christmas Ales.
    For Christmas I got some Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout, Bell's Two Hearted Ale, New Belgian Accumulation, a and sampler packs of Dos Equis and Sam Adams.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    For Christmas I got some Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout, Bell's Two Hearted Ale, New Belgian Accumulation, a and sampler packs of Dos Equis and Sam Adams.
    I haven't had a bad Bell's beer to date. Two hearted, Oberon, and Cherry Stout are really awesome. They are a little pricey but worth it. Would love to roadtrip to their facility (among several others of course.)
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

10. Likes:

Chip R (01-07-2014)

I bought some Bells Expedition Stout while I was back in Indy over the holidays. I guess Bell's is coming to New York in Feb sometime.

At any rate, I had another excellent beer recently. Terrapin's Oatmeal Coffee Wake n Bake stout. If you have access to the stuff and haven't tried it, I highly recommend it. I'm not a huge coffee person, but the coffee in this stout is outstanding.

I love Schlafly's Coffee Stout. We get a pitcher at our son's favorite hangout for $10.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

http://ourgame.mlblogs.com/2014/01/2...-endorsements/

In 1889 another instance of player endorsement predating Honus Wagner was memorialized in a fine lithographic advertisement for E. and J. Burke’s ale and stout. According to Charles Zuber of the Cincinnati Times-Star:

There is only one case of record where ball players received a large remuneration for acting as models for an advertisement. Those players were Capt. Ewing and ‘Old Man’ Anson. It was before the Brotherhood War, when Ewing was in the very zenith of his glory. A certain ale manufacturing concern wanted a taking ad. for its goods and decided that a base ball picture was the best thing. So when the Chicagos came to New York this firm arranged for Ewing and Anson to sit in front of a tent on which the ad of the company was emblazoned. Barrels and cases of the product were placed in close proximity and Ewing and Anson, in their uniforms and each with a glass of ale poised graceful in his hands, were in the foreground. The ad made a big hit and Ewing and Anson received $300 and a case of ale each. It was quick and easy for them

14. Likes:

Roy Tucker (01-23-2014),WildcatFan (01-20-2014)

Picked up some Fuller's London Porter this afternoon at Party Source. Fuller's never let's me down and they certainly didn't in this case.

Not a big IPA fan but I have been enjoying this one lately.

Had a couple delicious beers recently.

One was Anderson Valley's Winter Seasonal. I thought it was very good with lots of good things going.

I also had Ayinger's Celebrator, which I thought was outstanding.

Had a Listermann Cincinnatus on tap at the Lager House. Highly recommended.

Visited friends in Lexington this past weekend, and had the enjoyment of checking out the Country Boy Brewing and Taproom. Now I'm not a craft beer enthusiast at all. I haven't found too many I actually like, but I tasted some of the best beer I've ever had here.

I can't remember the exact name, but my favorite was a bourbon cherry stout. Also tried the Cougar Bait, Lazy Rye, Amos Moses, and Bumbkin Ale. I loved them all. Tried one I didn't like, a smoked jalapeno stout......not thinking I will ever acquire a taste for that one, but glad I tried it.

The taproom was pretty grungy. It smelled like an old locker room, but I just loved it. They don't serve any food, but there was a food truck outside and you can bring or order anything in. I have no doubt that there are some Lexingtoners here who know this place.

http://countryboybrewing.com/?age-ve...6bc57f684#home

Turn Off Ads?