Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Not a big IPA fan but I have been enjoying this one lately.

I like it too. And it's only $13.99 in Denver. I bought a 12-pack of their Shift pale ale today. It's good too. New Belgium makes some good beers. 1554 is fantastic. Fat Tire is their most famous, but I like most of their others more.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

2. Turn Off Ads?

http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/brew...-pond-pale-ale

I had Mirror Pond last night for the first time. I loved it. Easily one of my favorite beers.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I like it too. And it's only $13.99 in Denver. I bought a 12-pack of their Shift pale ale today. It's good too. New Belgium makes some good beers. 1554 is fantastic. Fat Tire is their most famous, but I like most of their others more.
    I had their Shift Pale Lager out in Colorado and was impressed. Their Spring Blonde is good as well. I am a big fan of the lighter, summer beers. I remember liking their Blue Paddle Pilsner but I haven't had it in a while.

I am enjoying finding Rhinegeist in cans at the local Biggs. Its a little bit pricey but good none the less.

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

I had Mirror Pond last night for the first time. I loved it. Easily one of my favorite beers.
    Man, I had the Black Butte porter last week, and it is magic.
    "I never argue with people who say baseball is boring, because baseball is boring. And then, suddenly, it isn't. And that's what makes it great." - Joe Posnanski

I noticed Obama owes Canada a couple cases of beer due to our hockey loss in the Olympics. I wonder what kind he'll send? If anyone hears please post it here. I think if he sends them something like Budweiser, they might regret winning the bet...

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I noticed Obama owes Canada a couple cases of beer due to our hockey loss in the Olympics. I wonder what kind he'll send? If anyone hears please post it here. I think if he sends them something like Budweiser, they might regret winning the bet...
    I bet he sends the PM some "home brew."

http://m.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/09...se-beer-recipe
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

8. Likes:

BillDoran (02-23-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I bet he sends the PM some "home brew."

http://m.whitehouse.gov/blog/2012/09...se-beer-recipe
    That would be awesome. Hope you're right

I've been going back and forth lately between...

"In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Had Sam Adams seasonal beer Cold Snap on Friday...it was pretty good. I've been loving Goose Island though

That's a filler beer for many a party here. You get lots of IPA's and almost as many Mirror Ponds for the folks who don't want IPA's, then Session Lagers from Full Sail for the lager drinkers

Dogfish Head India Brown Ale is excellent.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I had one of these this past weekend and it blew my mind. It was honestly one of the best beers I've had.

Did anyone get downtown to try some of the Bock beers this past weekend? Bock is one of my favorite kind of beer. There were a lot of good ones such as the Schoenling, Bells and Spaten but the best was the one that won a silver metal at the prestigious Denver Beer festival in October, the Emancipator Doppelbock by Christian Moerlein. One caveat though, it needs to be a little on the warm side. Let it sit for about 15 minutes after they serve it and I'll guarantee you the taste will come out. Drinking it fresh out of the cooled taps makes it a little underwhelming but it really shines if you let it warm up about 10 degrees. Of course Bock is sippin' beer and it is filling. Drink 2 or 3 of those and you'll save money on dinner as well as not being hungry for the next 6 hrs.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    I had their Shift Pale Lager out in Colorado and was impressed. Their Spring Blonde is good as well. I am a big fan of the lighter, summer beers. I remember liking their Blue Paddle Pilsner but I haven't had it in a while.
    New Belgium Spring Blonde is my favorite beer right now. So refreshing but with some kick (6% ABV!). I like Shift too; New Belgium employees are given a Shift beer to enjoy at the end of their, well, shift...every day. My kind of company.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I have been enjoying Lagunitas Pils lately. I am a big pilsner fan and think this is one of the best. Its light and smooth but also has a nice kick.

Madtree Lift is a quality Kolsch style beer. Nice refreshing summer beer.

@SeaRay I was down at Bachfest this weekend. Did the run early on Sat and then headed down to OTR that night. The only Bach beer I had was 50 West's which I wasn't all that impressed with. I just am not a big Bach beer. My buddy got the Dopplebach and I had a sip and came away thinking that is the type of beer that will put hair on your chest.

Turn Off Ads?