Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    New Belgium Spring Blonde is my favorite beer right now. So refreshing but with some kick (6% ABV!). I like Shift too; New Belgium employees are given a Shift beer to enjoy at the end of their, well, shift...every day. My kind of company.
    Let me know when they're hiring...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Rivertown has been hiring lately
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

For beer lovers...

http://www.mnn.com/food/beverages/bl...ioned-for-1200

That's where salesman and beer aficionado Brad Magerkurth happened to run into President Obama and inquire about his private brew. As he tells it, an aide rushed back to Ground Force One, grabbed a bottle from the president's private stash, and presented it to him.

"One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Another good picture...

"One problem with people who have no vices is that they're pretty sure to have some annoying virtues."

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Did anyone get downtown to try some of the Bock beers this past weekend? Bock is one of my favorite kind of beer. There were a lot of good ones such as the Schoenling, Bells and Spaten but the best was the one that won a silver metal at the prestigious Denver Beer festival in October, the Emancipator Doppelbock by Christian Moerlein. One caveat though, it needs to be a little on the warm side. Let it sit for about 15 minutes after they serve it and I'll guarantee you the taste will come out. Drinking it fresh out of the cooled taps makes it a little underwhelming but it really shines if you let it warm up about 10 degrees. Of course Bock is sippin' beer and it is filling. Drink 2 or 3 of those and you'll save money on dinner as well as not being hungry for the next 6 hrs.
    I really wish Moerlein would expand their distribution to Northeast Ohio. I really like their beers, but only get them when I'm down for Oktoberfest Zinzinnati. I usually end up bringing back some Moerlein and some Hudepohl Amber Lager with me. It would be nice if I could get some at my local bar or beer store. I can actually get Rivertown at my grocery store, but not Moerlein.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

My niece's husband just got a job at Rhinegeist Brewery. I'm hoping that leads to some expert sampling on my part.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

"The problem with some people is that when they aren't drunk, they're sober." - William Butler Yeats

Did anyone get downtown to try some of the Bock beers this past weekend? Bock is one of my favorite kind of beer. There were a lot of good ones such as the Schoenling, Bells and Spaten but the best was the one that won a silver metal at the prestigious Denver Beer festival in October, the Emancipator Doppelbock by Christian Moerlein. One caveat though, it needs to be a little on the warm side. Let it sit for about 15 minutes after they serve it and I'll guarantee you the taste will come out. Drinking it fresh out of the cooled taps makes it a little underwhelming but it really shines if you let it warm up about 10 degrees. Of course Bock is sippin' beer and it is filling. Drink 2 or 3 of those and you'll save money on dinner as well as not being hungry for the next 6 hrs.
    Have you tried Celebrator and Aventinus? Those are the 2 best bocks I've had.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    Have you tried Celebrator and Aventinus? Those are the 2 best bocks I've had.
    I don't think I have but I bet they're fabulous. Germans make the best Bock there is. Where can we find these beers? Do you know of any bars in Cincinnati that have them on tap?

I don't think I have but I bet they're fabulous. Germans make the best Bock there is. Where can we find these beers? Do you know of any bars in Cincinnati that have them on tap?
    I am willing to bet that you can find both in the bottle at Jungle Jim's. You may be able to find it other places too. Most craft beer stores should carry both.

I don't think I've ever seen Celebrator on tap anywhere. Aventinus I have had on tap once, but that was the only time I saw it on draft. Aventinus is mindblowing. It's legitimately one of the better beers I've had. I highly suggest you try it! Celebrator is really good too, but a notch below Aventinus I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by fearofpopvol1 View Post
    I am willing to bet that you can find both in the bottle at Jungle Jim's. You may be able to find it other places too. Most craft beer stores should carry both.

I don't think I've ever seen Celebrator on tap anywhere. Aventinus I have had on tap once, but that was the only time I saw it on draft. Aventinus is mindblowing. It's legitimately one of the better beers I've had. I highly suggest you try it! Celebrator is really good too, but a notch below Aventinus I'd say.
    I'll look for Aventinus at Jungle Jims. I think I'll be in that area this afternoon. I don't need more beer in my 'frig but this intrigues me. Thanks...

I haven't scanned through the entire thread, but I'll just leave this here...

I had a few pints of Founders Dirty Bastard, which was quite tasty -- as is most of the Founders line of brews!

Phil Castellini...

"Well, you know, when I see a problem, I like to throw a bar at it." - ...on improvements at the GAB.

15. Likes:

BillDoran (04-05-2014),Chip R (04-03-2014),Sea Ray (04-03-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    My niece's husband just got a job at Rhinegeist Brewery. I'm hoping that leads to some expert sampling on my part.
    Indeed I did score a sixer of Rhinegeist's blond ale and IPA. Both are good, clear beers, the IPA is especially tasty, with a balanced hoppy flavor and of course, hints of citrus. One thing that bugged me was their graphics. I suppose this is made to resemble a ghost- the company name refers to a ghost of OTR. But they seem to be using imagery from 16th century headstones, which I have never seen on any german headstones in Cincinnati. To me, it doesn't capture the German Americana nature of OTR.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rhinegeist-Logo.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	19.0 KB 
ID:	7016

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	swap.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	31.0 KB 
ID:	7017
    Last edited by SunDeck; 04-21-2014 at 08:04 AM.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I like Chimay and Hoegaarden and also Paulaner

Turn Off Ads?