Turn Off Ads?
Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Enjoying a Funkwerks Tropic King imperial saison tonight... So good.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

2. Turn Off Ads?

My son got me some Praitie Artisan Ales Prairie Bomb 4 of them- from a brewery in Oklahoma. It is an imperial stout style that is apparently hard to get and is all the rage. It has a score of 100 on beer advocate- given by both BA and the "bros". I am going to savor this one and save the other 3 for when I can focus on them.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/30356/94350/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	prairie bomb.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	4.4 KB 
ID:	7621
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

4. Likes:

BillDoran (07-24-2014),WildcatFan (07-25-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    My son got me some Praitie Artisan Ales Prairie Bomb 4 of them- from a brewery in Oklahoma. It is an imperial stout style that is apparently hard to get and is all the rage. It has a score of 100 on beer advocate- given by both BA and the "bros". I am going to savor this one and save the other 3 for when I can focus on them.

http://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/30356/94350/

Name:	prairie bomb.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	4.4 KB 
ID:	7621
    Those are delicious. All of Prairie stouts I've had are delicious.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Those bourbon barrel aged beers are quite the rage right now. The first one I had a couple yrs ago didn't impress me. it tasted like someone had poured Jim Beam into my beer but the more recent ones have really grown on me. I think
    New Holland Brewery in Mich really got this trend going with their Dragon's Milk. It's won many awards and has led to that brewery being named the best in Mich. Hey, where is Black Note brewed?
    Kalamazoo--It's Bells

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    What's the ABV?
    11.4%

I'm a big bourbon fan; it is my drink of choice. So I really love trying bourbon barrel ales. They are really tricky to get just right. I love Kentucky BBA but some batches are a bit on the sweet side (the barrel they age in has a lot to do with the final product). Anderson Valley Wild Turkey Stout is wroth a try if you are into the style.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    I'm a big bourbon fan; it is my drink of choice. So I really love trying bourbon barrel ales. They are really tricky to get just right. I love Kentucky BBA but some batches are a bit on the sweet side (the barrel they age in has a lot to do with the final product). Anderson Valley Wild Turkey Stout is wroth a try if you are into the style.
    I'm right there with you on everything you've said. If you haven't already tried, the Goose Island Bourbon Country Brand Stout that comes out every year on Black Friday is outstanding. It's super well balanced and 1 of the best bourbon barrel stouts you can buy in abundance, even if it's only available for a short time period each year.

Picked up a 12-pack of Sierra Nevada's Beer Camp. Thus far, only tried the Cigar City collaboration, which was pretty good.

Name:	photo.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	176.3 KB 
ID:	7699

Has this been posted anywhere?
    And the market exploded. Counting single-day offerings, the Cincinnati Reds’ selection of distinct beers went from 42 to more than 130 – the most in Major League Baseball, according to a Washington Post analysis. Craft sales increased even more dramatically, by 363 percent. The biggest-selling beer at the Brewery District is still Bud Light – not exactly a craft product – but stadium officials found that rather than taking away from existing beer sales, craft consumers were actually creating a new category.
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...r-in-baseball/

According this "Best Beer in MLB" article, the Reds have the most craft beer of any MLB ballpark. I had no idea they had 130. That seems high but I must say I haven't been to a game yet this year.

Nice honor to have

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Has this been posted anywhere?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv...r-in-baseball/

According this "Best Beer in MLB" article, the Reds have the most craft beer of any MLB ballpark. I had no idea they had 130. That seems high but I must say I haven't been to a game yet this year.

Nice honor to have
    Impressive. When I've been there in the past, I found GABP to be on the forefront of beer offerings, although I wouldn't have put them up there with Seattle for the lead. Based on what they've added, I'd say they've done well for themselves. What really surprised me was the Indians' ranking. Granted I haven't been there in over a year, but I found the availability of craft beer at Progressive Field to be lacking. There was really only one stand dedicated to craft beer and it was a tiny hole in the wall stand in a "blink and you'll miss it spot" in the area behind home plate. So either they've added a lot of beers to their offerings, or most of those beers can only be had on the exclusive club level where plebes like us dare not tread. The Indians do have a stand called "Your Dad's Beer Stand," where they offer PBR, Blatz, Genny Cream Ale, and the like.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Name:	biscotti.JPG 
Views:	68 
Size:	107.9 KB 
ID:	7777

Recently had 1 of these. Very good. I wouldn't say world class, but it's definitely worth having/trying once.

Okay, do yourselves a favor if you have not already done so. Go try/buy this, now. It is the best pumpkin beer I've ever had. You can taste the pie crust. It blew my mind...

Name:	2011-12-20+20.58.48.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	7779

Ahhh, nice that we're entering the Fall beer season. I'm not familiar with that pumpkin beer but if I see it, I'll have to give it a try. For my tastes I'm thrilled to see seasonal beer move from IPAs and Wheat beers to pumpkins, Marzens and eventually Christmas beers. Here in Cincinnati I consider the breakout date for Fall beers to be Brew Ha Ha and that's this coming weekend. They've expanded and they now have more beers than ever. Last year I had a pumkin beer that literally tasted like a slice of Pumpkin pie complete with the whipped cream!

Southern Tier Pumpking is the only pumpkin beer worth having. It'll ruin you to all other pumpkin beers.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

16. Likes:

Boss-Hog (08-18-2014)

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Southern Tier Pumpking is the only pumpkin beer worth having. It'll ruin you to all other pumpkin beers.
    I have to disagree. I've tried it and while I thought it was good, it didn't touch this Schlafly. This took pumpkin beers to a whole different level.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I love Pumking, but I had a Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale over the weekend, and I think I actually liked it a hair better.

I've since added the Schlafly to my wishlist.

Turn Off Ads?