Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 37 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

Quote Originally Posted by 919191 View Post
    Among my Christmas gifts are Bell's Christmas Ale, and Samuel Smith's Taddy Porter and Oatmeal Stout and Winter Welcome Ale and a sampler case of Dos Equis.
    Does Bells have a Christmas ale or are you referring to the Winter White Ale?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    Does Bells have a Christmas ale or are you referring to the Winter White Ale?
    They sure do:

http://bellsbeer.com/brands/27-Christmas%20Ale

It has that label on the lower right corner of a Christmas Tree.

I had a couple over the weekend; I thought it was quite good and I'm not an Ale drinker

Took my wife and daughters to the Wildflower Cafe in downtown Mason. Recommend it very much. Great food.

Being on vacation, I had beer for lunch. Started with a St. Bernardus Christmas Ale which was very good. Then the waiter asked if I wanted another one and I said what the hell, and asked him what he recommended. He told me the Left Handed Milk Stout was good and it was.

Came home, puttered around, and took a nap. Can't drink like I used to.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Quote Originally Posted by Roy Tucker View Post
    Being on vacation, I had beer for lunch.
    Not with lunch, but for lunch...

Sam Adams has a new beer out, at least in my part of the country. Alpine Spring is an unfiltered lager. Give it a try, not bad. I'm wondering if this will be this years spring beer. They've changed up several times over the past ten years.

I also ran across what I believe to be a new brew from Saranac, White IPA. I like this one as well. Kind of blends the witbier with an IPA. The ABV% is a safe 6%.

I would recommend both of these beers. Nice way to come out of the winter beers.

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    Sam Adams has a new beer out, at least in my part of the country. Alpine Spring is an unfiltered lager. Give it a try, not bad. I'm wondering if this will be this years spring beer. They've changed up several times over the past ten years.
    It is indeed their new spring beer. I tried my first one last night, and I rather enjoyed it. I loved White Ale, but did really care for Noble Pils, though it did grow on my some last season. But back to Alpine Springs, I think I may have found my new favorite Samy.

On a side note, why the heck is the Spring beer out already? I hate how SA does that, Summer Ale will be out by March at this pace.

Quote Originally Posted by mole44 View Post
    It is indeed their new spring beer. I tried my first one last night, and I rather enjoyed it. I loved White Ale, but did really care for Noble Pils, though it did grow on my some last season. But back to Alpine Springs, I think I may have found my new favorite Samy.

On a side note, why the heck is the Spring beer out already? I hate how SA does that, Summer Ale will be out by March at this pace.
    Fantastic beer. Had a couple last night and was very impressed.

Just saw their new spring combo 12 pack. There are two more new beers in that not including the Alpine Spring! Don't recall the new ones right off. The other three were Black Lager, Lager, and Noble Pils as I recall. Looks interesting. I'm waiting for the sale price.

Grabbed a Widmer Brothers combo 12 pack for $4 less.

Quote Originally Posted by muddie View Post
    Just saw their new spring combo 12 pack. There are two more new beers in that not including the Alpine Spring! Don't recall the new ones right off. The other three were Black Lager, Lager, and Noble Pils as I recall. Looks interesting. I'm waiting for the sale price.

Grabbed a Widmer Brothers combo 12 pack for $4 less.

The other two beers in the Sam spring pack are Whitewater IPA and Mighty Oak Ale. Apparently Sam Adams and Saranac are crossing the witbier and IPA this year.

I saw an interesting article on what type of glass should be used for your brand of beer.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/101/glassware

Hidden nuances, become more pronounced, colors shimmer, and the enjoyment of the beer simply becomes a better, more complete, experience.

Getting Some Glassware
    Many are available on-line, at stores like Crate & Barrel or, for those of you in the beer industry, from restaurant glassware wholesalers. Also checkout your local beer store who might carry a selection of glassware, and even the occasional glassware giveaway with purchase.
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    I saw an interesting article on what type of glass should be used for your brand of beer.

http://beeradvocate.com/beer/101/glassware

Hidden nuances, become more pronounced, colors shimmer, and the enjoyment of the beer simply becomes a better, more complete, experience.

Getting Some Glassware
    Many are available on-line, at stores like Crate & Barrel or, for those of you in the beer industry, from restaurant glassware wholesalers. Also checkout your local beer store who might carry a selection of glassware, and even the occasional glassware giveaway with purchase.
    There was a time where I would have said you were crazy, a glass is a glass. Then a year or two ago I picked up a couple of the Sam Adams glasses. Now I pretty much drink all my bottled beer from them. The shape really does enhance most beers I drink.

Quote Originally Posted by mole44 View Post
    There was a time where I would have said you were crazy, a glass is a glass. Then a year or two ago I picked up a couple of the Sam Adams glasses. Now I pretty much drink all my bottled beer from them. The shape really does enhance most beers I drink.
    If its a lager or a pilsner I really don't care about the glass. A frosty mug is cool but not necessary. There is only so much you can spice up a Miller Lite.

But I did notice when drinking Christmas Ale's that when you pour a bottle into a glass the beer taste much much better. Almost to the point where I was ready to give some of my ale's away and then poured one into a glass and said "is this really the same beer!"

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    If its a lager or a pilsner I really don't care about the glass. A frosty mug is cool but not necessary. There is only so much you can spice up a Miller Lite.

But I did notice when drinking Christmas Ale's that when you pour a bottle into a glass the beer taste much much better. Almost to the point where I was ready to give some of my ale's away and then poured one into a glass and said "is this really the same beer!"
    If it's a really flavorful beer I like to pour it into a glass and let if foam quite a bit because the flavor is better without all the trapped carbonation. And, not to get too snooty about it, by using a glass you get the full affect of the beer's aroma. This is a habit I picked up in Germany where they might draw a beer three or four times before serving it to you, so that it has a "beautiful flower" of foam on top.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

'Beer Week' celebrates craft of brewing distinctive tastes (Cincinnati)

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...NEWS/301310143
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    'Beer Week' celebrates craft of brewing distinctive tastes (Cincinnati)

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/2...NEWS/301310143
    I hit two of the events yesterday. I wish there were more lagers to taste but oh well. It's a nice concept and I hope it catches on. We need stuff like this in Cincinnati especially this time of year

Turn Off Ads?