Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 375

Thread: Beer Thread :Spinoff

  1. #106
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,899

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Agreed on Full Sail. Their seasonal beers (LTD and Wassail) are all right, but everything else tastes fairly generic and bland to me.

    Big fan of Laurelwood as well. Hopwerks not so much.
    The original brewer for Laurelwood is the Hopwerks owner, but I do like LW more

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #107
    always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Hey guys. I hardly ever remember to read these beer threads, but craft beer has been one of my favorite things for some time now.

    I was wondering what everyone here thinks of Founders? I can get it in NJ, so I imagine most Reds fans are within the distribution area. I've been doing the low carb thing for most of 2012, so I haven't tried many beers lately, but Founders is probably in my top 3 overall for craft beers. KBS in particular I love. (Local watering hole was supposed to get the CBS on cask last summer/fall, but it never happened unfortunately.)

  4. #108
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,567

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    Hey guys. I hardly ever remember to read these beer threads, but craft beer has been one of my favorite things for some time now.

    I was wondering what everyone here thinks of Founders? I can get it in NJ, so I imagine most Reds fans are within the distribution area. I've been doing the low carb thing for most of 2012, so I haven't tried many beers lately, but Founders is probably in my top 3 overall for craft beers. KBS in particular I love. (Local watering hole was supposed to get the CBS on cask last summer/fall, but it never happened unfortunately.)
    Founders is one of many craft breweries in the state of Michigan, an area that I'm quite familiar with. Founders doesn't fit my tastes as well as others up there such as Shorts and Bells but that's because I like to go for the lagers and Founders is known for its heavier beers. If I am in the mood for a sipping beer, Founders does put out some good stouts

  5. #109
    Waitin til next year bucksfan2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    10,191

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Founders is one of many craft breweries in the state of Michigan, an area that I'm quite familiar with. Founders doesn't fit my tastes as well as others up there such as Shorts and Bells but that's because I like to go for the lagers and Founders is known for its heavier beers. If I am in the mood for a sipping beer, Founders does put out some good stouts
    Pretty much spot on. I am not a big Founders fan because the beers are more heavy and more "tasty". I am more a fan of Pilsners, Lagers, and Ale's from time to time. Founders often falls outside of my taste likes.

  6. #110
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,567

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Pretty much spot on. I am not a big Founders fan because the beers are more heavy and more "tasty". I am more a fan of Pilsners, Lagers, and Ale's from time to time. Founders often falls outside of my taste likes.
    You and I would do well meeting at the Lager House

  7. #111
    The Mogul nismoredlegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mason,OH
    Posts
    33

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Most of my favorite beers are from Belguim. IMO some of the best beers in the world. 99% of the time you wont find these on tap. Usually bought in Pints and enjoyed at home. Select bars have it on tap or in bottle.

    A lot of the times I will buy a bottle based on the labels, if it interest me I will try it. That is how I discovered my favorite beer as of now.


    La Fin Du Monde:

    Had this at The DingleHouse in Union Centre.


    Ommegang Abbey
    This was at Brazenhead in Mason for awhile, no longer there. Will make a trip to Jungle Jims, if not I will check out Party Source.


    Nocturnum Delirium
    My favorite beer for the past year or two. First tried it at The DingleHouse. It is available at Jungle Jims in Pint only. They usually have 4-6 in stock. The better of the 3 Delirium. Spicier, heavier and not as sweet as the Tremens. Also available at the beer store next to Skyline, across from BW3's on Montgomery Road.


    Old Buccaneer beer aka Biere de boucanier
    Pretty good. Again is available at the same store on Montgomery Road.


    Trappistes Rochefort 10
    probably my 2nd favorite at the time.
    Again at the store on Montgomery Road.


    These are not too expensive. But they arent beers you party with. They are beers you sit down with that special someone, or a celebritory beer.

    After drinking these I cant really do normal beers anymore. Budweiser is about as low as I will go. Yeungling sucks(tastes like bad budweiser with some flavor added).

    For the Reds games...Summer Shandy with Pulled Pork Sandwich. Perfect dinner for watching batting practice before the game.
    "Why you going to the Airport; flying somewhere?"

  8. #112
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,567

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Quote Originally Posted by nismoredlegs View Post
    Most of my favorite beers are from Belguim. IMO some of the best beers in the world. 99% of the time you wont find these on tap. Usually bought in Pints and enjoyed at home. Select bars have it on tap or in bottle.

    A lot of the times I will buy a bottle based on the labels, if it interest me I will try it. That is how I discovered my favorite beer as of now.
    Thanks for your excellent contribution to this thread!

    Your tastes run a little heavier than mine but that's how beer preferences vary. Your detail and pithiness are to be commended. I wasn't aware of that beer store on Mont Rd. I'll have to check it out

    I don't have a lot of experience with Belgium beer but I am a fan of Stella Artois. I personally feel Germans represent the gold standard in beer brewing but I've been told by someone who was over there that actually Czech beer is as good as it gets.

  9. #113
    Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    6,431

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Thanks for your excellent contribution to this thread!

    Your tastes run a little heavier than mine but that's how beer preferences vary. Your detail and pithiness are to be commended. I wasn't aware of that beer store on Mont Rd. I'll have to check it out

    I don't have a lot of experience with Belgium beer but I am a fan of Stella Artois. I personally feel Germans represent the gold standard in beer brewing but I've been told by someone who was over there that actually Czech beer is as good as it gets.
    Czechs drink more beer per capita than any other nationality in the world.

    Belgian's still do it best though, IMO...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

  10. #114
    always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,236

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Quote Originally Posted by nismoredlegs View Post
    La Fin Du Monde:
    Had this at The DingleHouse in Union Centre.
    Unibroue is probably one of my favorite breweries, when all is taken into account. The beers are always great, and to be honest the artwork on the labels is really cool.

    Even before I got into "good beer," I would always notice the Maudite or La Fin du Monde bottles for their label. If you can find it, Trois Pistoles is another great one they mass release.

  11. #115
    Member Sea Ray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Posts
    15,567

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Quote Originally Posted by nismoredlegs View Post
    Also available at the beer store next to Skyline, across from BW3's on Montgomery Road.
    Is that north or south of I-275? The only BW3 I know of is north of 275 in Harpers Point but there's no Skyline there that I'm aware of.

  12. #116
    The Mogul nismoredlegs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Mason,OH
    Posts
    33

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Sorry for the late response. Address is 7699 Montgomery Road. It is in between a Larosas and a Skyline. Across the street will be a plaza with a BW3's and a MacAllisters. Its about a mile from Kenwood Mall.
    "Why you going to the Airport; flying somewhere?"

  13. #117
    Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Posts
    4,139

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    Unibroue is probably one of my favorite breweries, when all is taken into account. The beers are always great, and to be honest the artwork on the labels is really cool.
    I have had two of their beers. One with a big ship on it (blech) and one with a a smaller ship on it that was outstanding.

    GL

    /anybody had Pliney the Elder?

  14. #118
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    175

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    I have had two of their beers. One with a big ship on it (blech) and one with a a smaller ship on it that was outstanding.

    GL

    /anybody had Pliney the Elder?
    Yes and have had pliney the younger, got them both straight from the brewer.

  15. #119
    breath westofyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    42,899

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Beer

    http://blog.zagat.com/2013/04/cant-m...und-world.html

    #7

    Portland, Oregon

    The West Coast beer haven of Portland has more breweries per person than any other city in the U.S.: more than 30 at last count. Hops and barley are grown locally, so you know that your microbrew will be fresh and natural.

    Where to Drink: Try drinking at home-grown breweries and taverns like Widmer Gasthaus, the New Old Lompoc and Bridgeport. If you want to drink more, arrange a ride through Portland's Brew Bus Tour, which visits 20 city establishments. The Oregon Brewers Festival is held each July and features more than 80 craft beers.

    Average price for a beer: $3.30

    Bolded - My Pub

  16. #120
    Miami Redhawks Redhook's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    2,257

    Re: Beer Thread :Spinoff

    Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Beer
    You had me here.

    http://blog.zagat.com/2013/04/cant-m...und-world.html

    #7

    Portland, Oregon

    The West Coast beer haven of Portland has more breweries per person than any other city in the U.S.: more than 30 at last count. Hops and barley are grown locally, so you know that your microbrew will be fresh and natural.

    Where to Drink: Try drinking at home-grown breweries and taverns like Widmer Gasthaus, the New Old Lompoc and Bridgeport. If you want to drink more, arrange a ride through Portland's Brew Bus Tour, which visits 20 city establishments. The Oregon Brewers Festival is held each July and features more than 80 craft beers.

    Average price for a beer: $3.30

    Bolded - My Pub
    I love Portland. Had a great day at McMenamins Edgefield one day. What a cool place! Lots to do and great beer. I can't wait to go back there and to Portland one day.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

    www.kylevoska.com - Golfer? Check out my blog for golf tips.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25