Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reds Want Andrew Bailey

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Reds Want Andrew Bailey

Reports indicate that the Reds are looking to move forward from the Francisco Cordero era. The Reds are in talks with the A's to pick up closer Andrew Bailey. He seemed to rebound pretty well after his surgery in 2010. His WHIP has gone up every year but it is comparable to Cordero's WHIP and I am sure Bailey is much, much cheaper.

MLBTRADERUMORS

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds Want Andrew Bailey

He's much cheaper and younger. I wonder if this could be part of a bigger trade with the A's, maybe get Gio or Cahill too?

I like this idea, but I am not a big fan in dealing with Billy Bean because everyone knows how good of a GM is. I say take caution redlegs...

Jocketty and Beane are both known to be very shrewd... but I really like this. Cordero's peripherals suggest a decline, and replacing an aging, $12 million/year closer with worsening peripherals with a young, first-time arb pitcher sounds like a great idea to me.

Lecure
    Bray
    Arredondo
    Ondrusek
    Masset
    Bailey

That's not a bad place to start with a bullpen, especially if Arredondo keeps up his improvement. Fisher, Horst, and Burton can compete for that final spot, so next year we start to ease in Boxberger. Alternatively, since Fisher is out of options, we can include him in the deal to sweeten the pot. If one of the guys totally drops the ball, Box can be waiting in the wings.

I'd see if Grandal and Fisher are enough to get the job done.

If Alonso is in the deal then I want more than Bailey. Alonso, Heisey, and our Bailey for Oakland's Bailey and Gio. Deal?

I'd rather give up Volquez and another prospect instead of Bailey.

Sorry I meant in the Alonso, Heisey and Bailey deal for Bailey and Gio

I was just trying to make a more realistic trade offer. If I was a GM I wouldn't touch Volquez with a ten foot pole. Either way, I don't include Alonso in any deal that doesn't include a quality starting pitcher coming back our way.

I would plug in Boxberger as closer and forget about it.

Boxberger is ready to save 35 games right now......for league mimimum.

ZCTRMTP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The DARK View Post
    Jocketty and Beane are both known to be very shrewd... but I really like this. Cordero's peripherals suggest a decline, and replacing an aging, $12 million/year closer with worsening peripherals with a young, first-time arb pitcher sounds like a great idea to me.

Lecure
    Bray
    Arredondo
    Ondrusek
    Masset
    Bailey

That's not a bad place to start with a bullpen, especially if Arredondo keeps up his improvement. Fisher, Horst, and Burton can compete for that final spot, so next year we start to ease in Boxberger. Alternatively, since Fisher is out of options, we can include him in the deal to sweeten the pot. If one of the guys totally drops the ball, Box can be waiting in the wings.

I'd see if Grandal and Fisher are enough to get the job done.
    Jared Burton is gone. He signed with the Twins.
    Zero chance the Reds miss the playoffs!

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dMaus14 View Post
    I'd rather give up Volquez and another prospect instead of Bailey.
    Volquez has no trade value. None, zilch, nada. To think otherwise is to look at the situation with Reds colored glasses on. There's a reason why Jayson Stark named him the 2011 NL Cy Yuk.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/70...aseball-season

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules View Post
    Volquez has no trade value. None, zilch, nada. To think otherwise is to look at the situation with Reds colored glasses on. There's a reason why Jayson Stark named him the 2011 NL Cy Yuk.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/70...aseball-season
    I think Tx fans thought that a few years back and look, they got an MVP for him
    UNC Tar Heels 2009 National Champions 5 time NCAA Champs
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post
    If Alonso is in the deal then I want more than Bailey. Alonso, Heisey, and our Bailey for Oakland's Bailey and Gio. Deal?
    This would be a great deal for both sides: It gives the As some major-league ready offense in Alonso, and also gives them, in Heisey, an outfielder to replace DeJesus, Crisp or Willingham. At the same time, it gives the Reds the starting pitching and bullpen help they need desperately need.

I suppose dealing Alonso and Heisey would leave a hole in LF for the Reds, but there are at least some indications that Sappelt could take over. Or are there other outfield options in the Reds' minor league system?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Jared Burton is gone. He signed with the Twins.
    Thanks for that update. Our bullpen is running a bit thin this year... a signing in addition to this trade might be in order.

Why would the Reds want Gio? Left handed Volquez wannabe.

Besides. Nothing would stop the Bailey-Bailey connection

Turn Off Ads?