Turn Off Ads?

View Poll Results: Who is Redszone's #15 prospect?

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • C Tucker Barnhart

5 7.94%
  • LHP Tony Cingrani

13 20.63%
  • RHP Drew Cisco

0 0%
  • OF Juan Duran

9 14.29%
  • UT Brodie Greene

0 0%
  • OF Ryan LaMarre

5 7.94%
  • RHP Kyle Lotzkar

3 4.76%
  • 1B Donald Lutz

0 0%
  • OF Denis Phipps

4 6.35%
  • RHP Dan Renken

0 0%
  • 2B Henry Rodriguez

22 34.92%
  • 3B Gabriel Rosa

1 1.59%
  • RHP J.C. Sulbaran

1 1.59%
  • 3B David Vidal

0 0%
  • RHP Pedro Villarreal

0 0%
  • other (please list below)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is Redszone's #15 prospect?

Who is Redszone's #15 prospect?

#1 C Devin Mesoraco
    #2 1B/OF Yonder Alonso
    #3 C Yasmani Grandal
    #4 SS Billy Hamilton
    #5 SS Zack Cozart
    #6 RHP Dan Corcino
    #7 RHP Robert Stephenson
    #8 RHP Brad Boxberger
    #9 1B Neftali Soto
    #10 OF Yorman Rodriguez
    #11 2B Ron Torreyes
    #12 OF Dave Sappelt
    #13 UT Todd Frazier
    #14 SS Didi Gregorius

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Who is Redszone's #15 prospect?

Went with Cingrani, but that's a very shaky pick. Lotzkar and HankRod both may have deserved to go first.

Duran. Can't ignore his upside; he's still very young and needs to catch up to his body.
    "In baseball, you don't know nothin'"...Yogi Berra

Went Cingrani, though Rodriguez's production and Duran's upside are enticing. Cingrani's numbers with two pro-caliber pitches already under his belt are too much to ignore with Boxberger already off the board. Cingrani trades a bit of upside and MLB proximity for consistency and starting potential.
    Last edited by The DARK; 11-26-2011 at 10:12 PM.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Henry Rodriguez. Should stick at 2B, has a good stick and is close to being ready.

Been voting Phipps for a while now.

.350ish at AA-AAA last year, with very good OF defense, including a plus-plus arm. Clearly working on his plate discipline this winter, as he's at 16/20 BB/K, 3rd in the DWL in walks, 5th in OBP.

At worst, a big league 4th OF. With his sudden upward trajectory, there's a chance he's a regular, given his all-around game.

Quote Originally Posted by tixe View Post
    Went with Cingrani, but that's a very shaky pick. Lotzkar and HankRod both may have deserved to go first.
    Did the same thing and felt the same way. I think we're at the point now where it's going to become a lot tougher to sort through guys and make a clear cut choice.

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Been voting Phipps for a while now.

.350ish at AA-AAA last year, with very good OF defense, including a plus-plus arm. Clearly working on his plate discipline this winter, as he's at 16/20 BB/K, 3rd in the DWL in walks, 5th in OBP.

At worst, a big league 4th OF. With his sudden upward trajectory, there's a chance he's a regular, given his all-around game.
    Eh. Phipps isn't a .350 hitter. He isn't a .300 hitter. The defense is legit. I don't trust the bat to be a MLB bat.

Henry Rodriguez here... I'll be rolling with Rosa next.
    2010 Mock Draft Selections (picking for Rays)

Bryce Brentz
    Brandon Workman
    Kris Bryant
    Matt Lipka
    Rick Hague

Didn't know Phipps's defense was that good. Even so, every indication says that Phipps's batting numbers were an aberration, and they're not that spectacular otherwise. He'll be somewhere 20-25 for me.

I think LeMarre is due for more respect. He made significant progress this year in getting on base, stealing bases and playing a good CF. He worked on the things the team asked him to do. As for his hitting, he has excellent bat speed which should benefit him as he moves up. I think his offensive potential is still present.
    Henry Rodriguez has a ton of hitting talent, but he is awful in the field. He has no arm, no range, no hands and he is casual in his attitude anyway. He played his way off 2B this year, so pretty soon his 2B,SS,3B days are through.

Quote Originally Posted by Betterread View Post
    I think LeMarre is due for more respect. He made significant progress this year in getting on base, stealing bases and playing a good CF. He worked on the things the team asked him to do. As for his hitting, he has excellent bat speed which should benefit him as he moves up. I think his offensive potential is still present.
    His lack of power is going to hurt him in the long run. He's a complete tool shed, but when you're among the bottom performers in Bakersfield, your game needs work.

Henry Rodriguez has a ton of hitting talent, but he is awful in the field. He has no arm, no range, no hands and he is casual in his attitude anyway. He played his way off 2B this year, so pretty soon his 2B,SS,3B days are through.
    He played his way off of 2B this year? Where did you get that from? Rodriguez can play 2B. His range isn't special, but he isn't Yonder Alonso standing out at 2B or anything. Heck, his range is so bad that he even played 19 games at shortstop this season. His arm is fine for second base and if it weren't, then he surely wouldn't have been asked to play shortstop for 19 games where the throws are even longer and tougher. As for him not having any hands, if that were true, you would think his fielding percentage would have been much lower than .964 at 2B don't you?

I disagree with you. I would like Rodriguez more if he was a true middle infielder. However, he has poor fielding fundamentals with a low ceiling. His ten errors at 2B in less than 50 games at Bakersfield made a very negative impression.
    Next year I hope he can make some improvements defensively and hitting from the left side - where his set up is too elaborate, making his swing longer.

I disagree with you. I would like Rodriguez more if he was a true middle infielder. However, he has poor fielding fundamentals with a low ceiling. His ten errors at 2B in less than 50 games at Bakersfield made a very negative impression.
    Next year I hope he can make some improvements defensively and hitting from the left side - where his set up is too elaborate, making his swing longer.
    He had a .955 Fielding Percentage in Bakersfield. That is hardly poor. It was a little below average for the league, but it wasn't a shockingly low number. Who did they make a very negative impression on? What about them were negative?

Turn Off Ads?