Turn Off Ads?

Thread: John Jaso traded

John Jaso traded

The Rays have traded catcher John Jaso to the Mariners for a reliever and a cheese sandwich. Is this a move to free up a roster spot for a bigger deal? Maybe with a team with catchers coming out of their ears like the Reds? Or am I just reading way too much into this?

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Hanigan, Mes, or Grandal? With who and for who?

Re: John Jaso traded

Not sure, but it has me thinking. Probably just the conspiracy theorist in me trying to create something that isn't there, but it would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post
    The Rays have traded catcher John Jaso to the Mariners for a reliever and a cheese sandwich. Is this a move to free up a roster spot for a bigger deal? Maybe with a team with catchers coming out of their ears like the Reds? Or am I just reading way too much into this?

It looks like you were on to something with this, but rather than trade for a catcher to replace Jaso, the Rays signed Jose Molina.

I guess the question now is, Do the Rays really expect Molina to duplicate his offensive performance from last year? It lasted all of 191 at-bats and was, after all, supported by a .363 BABIP. With that in mind, I could see them still being interested in one of the Reds' catchers, but a deal doesn't seem quite as likely as before.

I was just fishing for anything. The winter meetings are in 9 days, hopefully something will happen then.

Turn Off Ads?