Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Skyrim

Skyrim

I know that there is already a video game thread, but I think that a game as big as Skyrim deserves its own thread. I have never played a more complete game. I am about fifty hours into my Nord, but I can't wait to try a new race and skill set. Any other Skyrim players out there?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Skyrim

I have played over 40 hours and can't wait to play 40 more. Hands down the best game I have ever played. I'm also a Nord and love that race's proficiency in combat. I took out an entire fort worth of Stormcloaks with an Elven warhammer this evening without batting an eye.

I'm rocking a daedric sword with all Dragon armor. I am like a battleship. Try this to get your smithing up to 100 if it isn't already. Get a bunch of leather strips and iron ignots, then forge as many iron daggers as possible. Sell those daggers and repeat the process. Watch as your smithing skyrockets. At 100 you can improve weapons and armor to Legendary status, and build Dragon armor. Well worth it.

Next I am going to go with a high elf mage. The depth of this game is unrivaled. I loved oblivion, but this is far and away the better game. Can't wait for DLC.

Redguard half destro/half melee

I am really wanting to buy this game. If I do then my wife and I will disappear from society until Opening Day 2012. So if you don't see me on Redszone you will know why.

Are you guys playing this game on your computer or a console? I have heard some people say the game is clearly designed for consoles, and the interface and controls don't work too well on the computer. Is this true in your experience?

I am playing it on the PS3. In my opinion you should go with a console version. This is the best 60$ I have spent on entertainment in years. When you break it down dollars spent/hours entertained, it is a bargain. I have pumped in around forty to fifty dollars in this game, and am not even close to discovering all there is to do. Between all of the races and their strengths and weaknesses, the "guilds", dungeon crawling, smithing, enchanting, side quests, etc. the options are endless. I might sound like I am working on commision, but I really believe this is the best game ever made. It is a major time drain, so be prepared to sink some hours into it.

I am playing on a console as well (360). I echo the sentiment that this is the best game ever made. I've been playing video games since the Atari days and feel that pound for pound no game has been better.

Well you guys are talking me into it. I have been playing games on my PC for decades but have never owned one of the console systems other than an Odyssey and the original Nintendo. I am considering buying an Xbox 360 with Kinect and this game might be the clincher. My only fear is that once I buy that console I will never have another productive moment in real life again.

I don't game, never heard of this but saw this link today

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ng-man-crumble

Just started playing and I cannot get out of the first building. Have spent 3/4 hour endlessly wandering down the same halls. I was following some guy, but I looked at a wall and lost him. I eventually killed a torturer or something, but otherwise I can't do anything or get back outside.

LOL. I think video games have passed me by and are too complicated for my simple mind.

Nerdvana Annihilation

Eh, If I buy this game my wife will divorce me. I play World of Warcraft enough already.

Quote Originally Posted by top6 View Post
    Just started playing and I cannot get out of the first building. Have spent 3/4 hour endlessly wandering down the same halls. I was following some guy, but I looked at a wall and lost him. I eventually killed a torturer or something, but otherwise I can't do anything or get back outside.

LOL. I think video games have passed me by and are too complicated for my simple mind.
    This website is great for help when you are stuck: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    This website is great for help when you are stuck: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page
    Thanks! I eventually figured it out but I am sure I will be going back to that web site.

When I switched to the point of view where the "camera" is behind you it got easier. I find the first person point of view to be confusing.

The game really is addictive. Wow. I played much later than I should have and am paying for it at work today.

As I mentioned in the other thread I really haven't played many video games in a while. Some sports games, but that's really it. It's interesting how much they've changed, and yet how much they are the same. The graphics are amazing. The first quest I did (SPOILER, sort of, I guess)...

... (i.e., find a claw/key, use it to open a door to get a magic stone for an old man/magician who needs it)...

...could have been a quest in the original Legend of Zelda! Well, it would have been 1/4 or so rather than <1% of the game, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by code View Post
    Eh, If I buy this game my wife will divorce me. I play World of Warcraft enough already.
    Oddly enough, it is only because I got divorced that I felt OK buying this game.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I don't game, never heard of this but saw this link today

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ng-man-crumble
    Well-written, but it misses the mark. The dialogue is a lot richer than the writer suggests, full of nuance, subtlety, and often a lot of humor. Yes, it is repetitive. So are the dungeons, and the castles, and the caves, all of which reuse design and graphical elements. If you could click through those, you would.

The dialogue is sometimes banal, sometimes intriguing, sometimes pointless, often funny, and mostly essential to the game experience.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Turn Off Ads?