Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Skyrim

Re: Skyrim

I mentioned it in the video game thread but will mention it here as well-Patch 1.2 completely breaks resistances-they don't work at all. Bethesda will release an incremental update next week to fix the problem-first on computer, then on Xbox and PS3.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Was dealing with some bugs last night. Decided to take a break for a couple of days. Damn this game is good. It's like a good book, you don't want it to end.

I have read about all of the bugs this game has, and have experienced a few as well (even on a brand new PS3). It's pretty annoying, because a lot of these obviously could have been fixed with a few more months of testing, but I guess they were in a hurry to release the game.

That said, wow this game is great and addictive. I have played probably 10 hours in 3 nights. I have sort of taken a break from the main quest and just started exploring woods and dungeons and towns and such. It's really a lot of fun, and it seems like I only barely got started.

How to ride a horse in Skyrim

One of the more amusing glitches I've seen. For me the glitches just add flavor as long as they aren't gamebreakers.

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AtomicDumpling View Post
    I am really wanting to buy this game. If I do then my wife and I will disappear from society until Opening Day 2012. So if you don't see me on Redszone you will know why.

Are you guys playing this game on your computer or a console? I have heard some people say the game is clearly designed for consoles, and the interface and controls don't work too well on the computer. Is this true in your experience?
    I play on a PS3 myself but have a buddy who plays it on PC and his graphics are even better (didn't even think it was possible). Just seems like anyone who plays it on PC seems to like it even better. But I have few qualms about it on PS3, though if you wanted to nitpick you could I.E. seams and subtle little flaws in the background abound. That said if you aren't looking real hard you'll never see or never really care.

As expected Bethesda always knocks it out of the park.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

BobC, get a legit F.O.! Mario-Rijo's Avatar

Would love to see Bethesda do a good Zombie Apocalypse game using some kinda combination of I am Legend, The Walking Dead, Zombieland, Dawn of the Dead as a baseline. Stills isn't a real complete Zombie game out there. So until then I just keep pretending Fallout is one. Speaking of which I heard there will be a #4 of that series in '12.

But to Skyrim (gotta hurry I am geeking to get back to the game) I am an Imperial level 39 and mostly tend to float towards a well rounded though magic less driven character. I don't like to cheat myself so I am refusing to use any of the cheats of the game too much. I tried the whole Iron Daggers and leather bracers thing for a short period to jump 2-3 levels to glass armor smithing but other than that I want it to come mostly naturally. Love the game but also really loved Oblivion, and up until the last day or so of gameplay I didn't feel Skyrim was that much better for my taste but it is. Just way more vast and lengthy and more possibilities and seemingly different outcomes depending on how one goes about something, kinda of reminds me a bit of the old choose your own adventure books which I was a sucker for as a kid. Those components make for a game one can play for quite a long time, which when your this addicted is great (or for real life not so great, maybe).
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Just wraped up my first play through with a nord. Took down Alduin and saved Tamriel. Time to do it again, but with an altmer mage this time.

I play on a PS3 myself but have a buddy who plays it on PC and his graphics are even better (didn't even think it was possible). Just seems like anyone who plays it on PC seems to like it even better. But I have few qualms about it on PS3, though if you wanted to nitpick you could I.E. seams and subtle little flaws in the background abound. That said if you aren't looking real hard you'll never see or never really care.
    I have it for PC and the graphics are brilliant. Even with PS3 graphics, they still have not managed to catch up to the computing power of a PC. The same is true for games like BF3.

I'm a tank as well. I have a full set of Daedric Armor, which is better than dragon armor, and daedric hammer.

Basically this game is crack to gamers. I'm about 60 hours in and still not finished.
    “Our next home stand follows this road trip.”

“I just want to tell everyone Happy Easter and Happy Hanukkah.” says on the day before Easter

Mike Shannon

I'm really excited to get Skyrim, it looks amazing.

I just finished the civil war questline form the Imperial perspective. It felt like the end of a full game because I had put well over 20 hours into that plotline. Amazing that it is only a major sideshow and not the show. I'm just now digging into "The Way of The Voice." This is the best $60 I've ever spent on a game.

Any skyrim walkthrough link?

Quote Originally Posted by RonDunn95 View Post
    Any skyrim walkthrough link?
    A true walkthrough would be virtually impossible. Taking it piece by piece is best. The site below has been a life saver for me. Just type the quest/character/dungeon you are having trouble with in the search box and you are on your way.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page

A complete skyrim walkthrough would be about the size of the Bible.

There are a couple really good Wikis out there, the one linked is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Calipari is not, nor has he ever been accused or "caught", cheating. He himself turned in one of his players (Camby) for dealing with an agent to get one Final Four overturned. The other is all on the NCAA and Rose. (IF Rose cheated.)
    "Cheering for Kentucky is like watching Star Wars and hoping Darth Vader chokes an ewok"

I think so too, I'll take it part by part.

There's a Skyrim strategy guide out there-I hear it's pretty expensive though.

Turn Off Ads?