Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Interesting reds/cards article at ESPN....

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Interesting reds/cards article at ESPN....

Evidently, Drew Stubbs has taken a hitting instructor home with him for the winter to work on his approach at the plate.
    “I think I throw the ball as hard as anyone. The ball just doesn't get there as fast.” — Eddie Bane

“We know we're better than this ... but we can't prove it.” — Tony Gwynn

Good article, thanks for sharing.

Find a lefty to platoon with Stubbs, hope he can hit .240 with a .320 OBP and "sell high".

Thanks for sharing, Charles.

I hope the Reds kick the tires on Crisp. He would be a decent platoon option with Stubbs.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Crisp is underwhelming and not worth the talent that Oakland would probably want back. He's a big meh with signs of decline. I'd look elsewhere. Span is a better option if he's available at the right price.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

This article was great, sorry I missed it weeks ago.

Really good article. As a Cardinals fan, I think the disaster of this playoffs was kind of muted a bit considering that they won it all the year before. There's a good reason that an NL team hasn't won back to back championships since those great Big Red Machine teams. It's very, very, very hard to do.

The other thing about it is that what happened the final 3 games of the series between the Giants seemed to be a microcosm of the 2012 season for the Cardinals. They were too inconsistent most of the year and it showed up in those three games.

The article is correct in saying the Cardinals have a wealth of starting pitching and I think they are pretty much set for next year. My advice (not that John Mozeliak is spying on the RedsZone) is for the love of god don't overthink the bullpen next year. Don't go for dumpster dive projects like they tend to do during the offseason. Leave Trevor Rosenthal in the pen as that 6th inning guy. It was a black hole inning for the Cards last year and leaving essentially a right handed version of Chapman in that spot will go a long way to winning for games for them next year.

Turn Off Ads?