Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Seeing who breaks baseball news first on twitter

Seeing who breaks baseball news first on twitter

I thought it would be interesting to keep track of who actually reports signings and agreements first on twitter. As like probably most people on this board I follow a lot of baseball reporters. I think its fun to watch the mad dash to see who can tweet it first as im sure they are getting information from mostly the same sources. Once I see someone signed i just search twitter for that players name and see who had it first.

Ken Rosenthal is on the board first with reporting Jonathan Broxton to Royals. Edging out Heyman by a couple minutes.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Seeing who breaks baseball news first on twitter

I, too, find it fascinating who breaks the stories first. Twitter has certainly helped us consumers in receiving information and it is a great source. I anticipate a lot of trades and FA signings over the next 7-10 days so it'll be interesting to see who is quickest with the news.

Ramon Hernandez

This is a tough one. Buster Olney reported first yesterday

Buster_ESPN Buster Olney
    The Rockies continue to negotiate with Ramon Hernandez, hoping to lock up the veteran catcher.

Then a few minutes later Ken Rosenthal had this;

Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal
    Hernandez deal with #Rockies will be two years, $6.5 million. #MLB

While Olney had first reports of it being close Rosenthal had the details and official news first. He also was first to include the Ianetta swap with Chatwood in his reports. So Im going to give it to Rosenthal since Olney's wasnt official yet.

Rosenthal on board with first 2.

Heath Bell to the Marlins

Jayson Stark was first on this one

@jaysonst Jayson Stark
    #Marlins agree to 3-year $27M deal w Heath Bell, pending physical. Expected to take physical tomorrow. More to come at ESPN.com

Rosenthal even gave him the nod when he reported it

@Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal
    #Marlins indeed on verge of completing 3-year, $27M deal with Heath Bell, as first reported by @jaysonst #MLB

So that leaves tally at;
    Rosenthal 2
    Stark 1

Turn Off Ads?