Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Reds in on Dotel?

Reds in on Dotel?

Saw in MLBTR that the reds are in on Octavio Dotel. A move of that nature would tell me that they are leaning to Masset, Bray, Boxberger, or one of the other in house options and he will be here as a back up plan just in case.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Reds in on Dotel?

Wow, didn't the Reds try to trade Barry Larkin for Dotel back in, like, 1992 or something?

no idea, i have a good grasp on what happened in baseball before i was born but i dont remember that one

I hope not !!! Would prefer CoCo over Dotel.

Quote Originally Posted by BEETTLEBUG View Post
    I hope not !!! Would prefer CoCo over Dotel.
    Dotel struck out almost twice as many batters per 9 as Cordero did last year, and had a FIP and xFIP almost a full run better than Cordero. He also wouldn't require the Reds to overpay for having accumulated a bunch of empty save stats. If the choice is Coco or Dotel, take Dotel every time.

Dotel i wouldn't look at as a THE GUY who is your closer he would be the 3rd or 4th guy in the line if the ones in front of him fail

Turn Off Ads?