Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Red Sox to hire Valentine

Re: Red Sox to hire Valentine

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Looks like they only signed him for two yrs so they'll only have to eat one yr. Here's the real question for us fans: Does this mean we have to stomach him again on ESPN or MLB Network?
    For this reason alone, I hope the BoSox sign Valentine to a long term extension
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

2. Turn Off Ads?

I really would like to know specifically what Bobby V has done to draw the BoSox ire. I mean did this all really stem from "I don't think he's as physically or emotionally into the game as he has been in the past for some reason"? I mean, that's pretty tame stuff.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I really would like to know specifically what Bobby V has done to draw the BoSox ire. I mean did this all really stem from "I don't think he's as physically or emotionally into the game as he has been in the past for some reason"? I mean, that's pretty tame stuff.
    I think it is akin to wife swap--opposite of what they're used to, even though its probably what they need to be a healthier team.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I think one thing it could be is that he's not letting them get away with crap they pulled with Tito.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

If you watched him on the ESPN game of the week last year, it's obvious why his players don't like him.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

I believe it is naive to believe the problem stems from one statement. There are obviously other issues that have not been made public. The Youkilis statements, the comments to rookie Middlebrooks, and Lester being left in to suffer throught an 11-run shellacking are just what we know. I trust there is more that we will never know.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    If you watched him on the ESPN game of the week last year, it's obvious why his players don't like him.
    No kidding. Every time he talks its like fingernails scraping a chalkboard.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I still can't even figure out if he's too devious or too honest. He tells the media things that are obviously guaranteed to start trouble, then he acts like he didn't mean it the way it came out and apologizes.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

If Boston fired Valentine, he'd just return to the dugout wearing a fake beard.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

The Red Sox are joining the Cubs and Mets in demonstrating how to screw up a franchise that has seemingly endless resources at their disposal.

While it is hard to say this, it also makes the Yankees even more impressive with this current run dating back to 1993 that makes it easy to forget that they were ever bad, such as the 1989-1992 trough. Think about that, 20 years of winning, and most years dominant. Glad we're not an AL East team. You think the Cards are annoying...
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Turn Off Ads?