Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Offseason Targets

Offseason Targets

Here's a list of possible targets whether it be through free agency or trades:

John Danks: Sappelt - #8, Corcinco - #3, Wood, Grandal - #2 (must get a trade and extension agreement)

Gavin Floyd: Sappelt - #8, Corcinco - #3, Volquez

James Shields: Alonso - #4, Grandal - #2, Sappelt - $8

Josh Willingham: 4 years and $35M

Yoenis Cespedes: 6 years and $45M

Jed Lowrie: trade Masset

David DeJesus: 2 years and $11M

Marlon Byrd: Sappelt - #8, Frazier - #14

Francisco Liriano: Volquez, Frazier - #14

Erik Bedard: 1 year and $5.5M

Wandy Rodriguez: Stubbs, Volquez, Francisco (will need cash to be returned)

Andrew Bailey: Alonso - #4, Frazier - #14

Obviously these aren't all the trades or signings I would make this offseason because many of them include the same pieces.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Offseason Targets

Quote Originally Posted by dMaus14 View Post

Andrew Bailey: Alonso - #4, Frazier - #14
    this seems insane

i agree about the bailey deal being over the top. but otherwise, these are very realistic deals (at least imo). nice job

this entire post is insane. here are the guys i think the reds should go after
    1.Huston Street-fransisco
    2.David Aardsma- one year incentive based deal
    3.Omar Vizquel- Bring in the best on a one year deal to work with Cozart and frazier
    4.Lance Nix- no one can argue he wouldn't be a great platoon with heisey
    5.Jason Kubel- would work in LF but probably out of the reds price range
    6.Rich Harden- one year incentive deal
    7.Eric Bedard- one year incentive deal
    8.Dontrelle Willis- one year incentive deal
    9.Octavio Dotel- one year incentive based deal
    10. Joel Zumya- minor league deal
    11.Arthur Rhodes- one year incentive based deal
    12.Josh Reddick from boston for Phipps
    13.Jeremey Hellickson from tampa for yonder and a lower level SS prospect
    14.Chad Billingsley from dodgers for Sappelt, Fransisco, and a lower level pitching prospect
    15.send bronson to either seattle or san deigo for a low level pitching prospect

Quote Originally Posted by alett12 View Post
    3.Omar Vizquel- Bring in the best on a one year deal to work with Cozart and frazier
    14.Chad Billingsley from dodgers for Sappelt, Fransisco, and a lower level pitching prospect
    15.send bronson to either seattle or san deigo for a low level pitching prospect

I love the idea of trying to sign Bedard and Harden to low-risk deals, and having Vizquel around as a mentor for the young infielders seems appealing as well. I'm concerned, though, that Dusty would end up playing Vizquel far more than his diminished skills at this point in his career would warrant-- is there any chance Vizquel might be interested in a coaching position instead?

okay mine were more of will put in the starting lineup to back up at worst type of deals. But come on, obviously by the news of how little other GMs actually think of Alonso I went sell low on most of these trades. I mean you have us trading Alonso and a low level SS prospect for the d@mn 2011 AL Rookie of the Year. Are you kidding me? I got made fun of because I gave him for Andrew Bailey which I view is not the greatest return but because of his lack of power might be around what he gets. And no one is taking Bronson unless we eat the signing bonus part of the deal and/or send a prospect or two with him.

David DeJesus: 2 years and $11M
    I was pretty close with that contract! Signed for 2 years an $10M with the Cubs.

okay mine were more of will put in the starting lineup to back up at worst type of deals. But come on, obviously by the news of how little other GMs actually think of Alonso I went sell low on most of these trades. I mean you have us trading Alonso and a low level SS prospect for the d@mn 2011 AL Rookie of the Year. Are you kidding me? I got made fun of because I gave him for Andrew Bailey which I view is not the greatest return but because of his lack of power might be around what he gets. And no one is taking Bronson unless we eat the signing bonus part of the deal and/or send a prospect or two with him.
    You were not selling low, Andrew Bailey is no where close to being worth yonder and frazier, John Danks isn't worth it for travis wood straight up Danks was horrible last year too, the Rays have said they must be blown away for Sheilds, Liriano i'm not sure can pitch multiple seasons in a row, Chris Heisey should be the guy in left thus the cuban is pointless, Jed Lowrie isn't worth Masset, heck i'm amazed after reading that you didn't want to trade away phillips, votto, bruce, and mesoraco too. My ideas are one the reds might actually be able to afford if you look at the salaries they would have to pay.

Truth be told my main focus this offseason would be to find the absolute best return for Votto and trade him. Getting a SP, either a SS,3B or LF that are ML players and 2 SP prospects in return. Because I think getting his return and the return from package or two of our prospects will make us better. But back to my targets ... John Danks wasn't horrible last year, Bronson Arroyo was horrible. I don't even think Danks did bad. He played on a bad team! The White Sox play in a hitter friendly ballpark and was still ranked 18th for runs scored in a year. If Travis Wood could put up Danks numbers I wouldn't trade him either but he doesn't nor does anyone in our rotation. Look it up! IP, ERA, WAR. Not one person in rotation for the past 4 years has averaged 195 IP, 3.75 ERA and a 3.4 WAR. Hell the guy according to you had a horrible year and still had more innings and a better WAR than our best pitcher, while only winning 1 game less. Hell, Gavin Floyd has done better in the past 4 years than any of our starters. I want them both!

ERA, WAR, both BS stats. Danks lost his 1st 10 games if you let Wood pitch a whole season i would like to see his stats especaily if he took the same stratagey as leake uses and just goes after guys don't be like bronson and paint the corners and there is no way the soxs ballpark is more hitter friendly than GABP

I would be shocked if Walt makes anything over 2 or 3 deals this offseason. There is zero chance of major deals with players on the ML roster. We are going to maybe deal off some of our younger talent, but even then it will be very limited I feel.

I don't think we need or will sign Yoenis Cespedes but do you think that the Reds could have a legitimate shot? I believe he is asking between $35-60M; I know that a lot of people started to leave the race for Chapman because he was asking $40-60M before we came in an signed him for 6/$30. Could we possibly sign Cespedes for 6/$40?

I don't think we need or will sign Yoenis Cespedes but do you think that the Reds could have a legitimate shot? I believe he is asking between $35-60M; I know that a lot of people started to leave the race for Chapman because he was asking $40-60M before we came in an signed him for 6/$30. Could we possibly sign Cespedes for 6/$40?
    It would just be a waste even if stubbs gets sent down i think that you put heisey in center and Sappelt in left he wouldn't do as well as they will i don't think.

ERA, WAR, both BS stats. Danks lost his 1st 10 games if you let Wood pitch a whole season i would like to see his stats especaily if he took the same stratagey as leake uses and just goes after guys don't be like bronson and paint the corners and there is no way the soxs ballpark is more hitter friendly than GABP
    Just curious, how are ERA and WAR b.s. stats? And as far as U.S. Cellular field not being the hitters park that GABP is, that is false. According to ESPN 2007-20011 U.S. Cellular field has surrendered both more home runs and earned runs than Great American Ball Park.

Exactly none of those trades will ever happen.

This club needs a new manager that will get the kids up and running. That new manager could then decide if the pitching coach is what he wants..and if not..get someone in here that can get better results.

All anyone on here has done is propose that we send young talent out the door for other teams average talent.

I hope and pray that Walt doesn't make trades just to make trades. The talent to compete for a division title is already here.

What we don't have is a field manager that knows the first thing about breakin talented young players into the big league.

We will be getting a new field manager sometime around mid May or early June.

Turn Off Ads?