Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trade offers in non Redszone league

Trade offers in non Redszone league

O.K.

My current SP's are: Randy Johnson, Mark Prior, Jason Schmidt, Ramon Ortiz, Javier Vazquez, Ted Lilly, and Kris Benson.

My current RP's are: Keith Foulke, Eddie Guardado and Jose Jimenez.

There are several teams that need a closer. I was thinking of making some offers to them. I would be trading Vazquez and Jimenez and in return might be able to get:

1) Odalis Perez
    2) Mark Mulder
    3) Freddy Garcia
    4) Wade Miller

After doing this trade I could pick up another closer out of F.A. Here are my choices:

1) Mike DeJean
    2) Antonio Alfonseca
    3) Scott Stewart
    4) Alan Embree
    5) Lance Carter
    6) Jesus Colome
    7) Joey Eischen
    8) Brandon Villefuerte
    9) Franklyn German
    10) Mike Remliinger
    11) Matt Anderson
    12) Mike MacDougal

Out of this group I'd probably take Embree, as he is on the winniest team, and even though he is expected to be part of a CBC (closer by committee), he should have good periferal numbers as well. Of course, I could probably also pick up another SP like Kenny Rogers, John Patterson, Cory Lidle, Brandon Duckworth, or Darren Dreifort, but I like having 3 guys that could get me saves with good periferal nuimbers.

What SP would you try and trade for, and which closer would you pick up?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I'd rank the starters like this:
    1. Mulder
    2. Perez
    3. Miller (I know he puts up good numbers, but Minute Maid Park still scares me to death)
    4. Garcia

For a closer, I'd look hard at Scott Stewart. I picked him up last year and he put up good numbers, but that may be more of a personal preferance. DeJean would be my next pick, and then Alfonseca.

I like...
    Mulder
    Miller
    Perez
    Garcia

For Closers.....
    Stewart
    Embree

FYI - Alfonseca is out for the first month of the season with a hamstring injury

If I was able to trade Vazquez / Jimenez and pick up either Perez or Miller, and then Stewart or Embree would it be "worth it?" I know if I got Mulder it definately would be, as I think Mulder is a MUCH better pitcher than Vazquez. Would trading those two for Perez or Miller be a significant enough increase to go forward with a deal?
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I'd say so. Like you said, Mulder is much better than Vasquez, but I'd say that Perez and Miller are better as well. Plus you pick up a comparable closer in Stewart. I'd do it.

This might be crazy, but one team in my league only has one closer, Mariano Rivera, who is destined for the DL. Would an offer of Vazquez and Jimenez for Wade Miller and Johan Santana work. If he wants to keep up in saves, he's going to have to drop Santana to pick one up off the wire. On the other hand, if I were to make this deal, my P spots would be filled and I would have to drop Santana to pick up another closer. How long before Johan gets a rotation spot do you think? Is he worth hanging onto in the meantime? Might get 1 or 2 wins, and will have good K's, but does he deserve a roster spot given his current role? If he does get a rotation spot, I get the steal of the year possibly, but if he doesn't....who knows?
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

If the other guy would do the Vasquez and Jimenez for Miller and Santana deal, I'd do it. Before you make the trade, remind him how small Minute Maid Field is and that Santana is destined to spend the whole year in the bullpen. Then smile after you've completed the trade because you'll be glad you have Santana when one of Minnesota's starters goes down (just pick one, they all either have injury histories or are getting up there in years, with the exception of Lohse). That may be my stubborness talking because Santana is on just about everyone of my fantasy teams, but I really think we'll see a Twins starter injured for a prolonged amount of time.
    Last edited by Sabo Fan; 04-21-2004 at 02:06 AM.

Is Danys Baez available in your league? I think he'll put up better numbers as a closer than anyone on that list.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Baez is not available, he was drafted.

I'm having a hard time figuring out where my weak points are and how to improve them.

Anyone care to offer up, where I might have problems with my offense?

C: Varitek (weak, but not awful) lower average, average for a C
    1B: Klesko, not healthy to start the year, no lineup protection,
    does qualify in the OF, good power, average.
    2B: Durham. happy with him across the board
    SS: Nomar. Same as Durham
    3B: Alfonzo. Hope to see HR and RBI increase, if they do, he's
    solid across the board
    OF: Giles. good.
    OF: Green. good, too
    OF: Cruz. Low average. Need SB's from him. Could possibly
    trade him for a solid SB threat like Pierre, or someone like
    Estad.
    UTIL: F. Thomas. Expecting good numbers. average should go
    up as well as power.
    UTIL: A. Ramirez. Expecting good power, average at least .275.
    UTIL: A. Huff. Expecting decent power, low runs, good avg..280+
    Bench: C. Lee: Wild card. Could go off this year, may not. If he
    does, could hit .290/35/105 with 15 SB's.

So, if I could trade J. Cruz or A. Huff for Derrick Lee, I should improve across the board...correct? That way I could move Lee to 1B and put Klesko in the OF to replace Cruz.

If I trade Cruz for Pierre, I gain in avg, and SB, but lose power. Can I afford to lose power?

If I trade Huff for Erstad, or Cruz for Erstad. I lose some power as well, but gain in average and possibly SB's.

What's the best move here?
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I think Aramis Ramirez is going to have a great year. What I'd do is move him to third and see if you can find a taker for Alfonzo. Somebody out there is going to want him because he's in the same lineup as Bonds. I'm not so sure he'll have a big year.

Don't do the Cruz for Pierre deal. You have to actually get on base to steal, and I'm not so sure Pierre can get on enough to make it worth it.

Originally posted by Sabo Fan
    I think Aramis Ramirez is going to have a great year. What I'd do is move him to third and see if you can find a taker for Alfonzo. Somebody out there is going to want him because he's in the same lineup as Bonds. I'm not so sure he'll have a big year.

Don't do the Cruz for Pierre deal. You have to actually get on base to steal, and I'm not so sure Pierre can get on enough to make it worth it.
    About 3-4 teams in my league have asked about Alfonzo. The only problem is, I don't know if I want to deal him. I think Alfonzo could hit 20 HR's and have 110 RBI hitting 5th, and you know he'll bat around .300. He could also steal 5-10 bases with Snow, Santiago behind him...no reason NOT to run. Those are really good numbers for a 3rd baseman. He also doesn't strike out very often, which is a plus for someone that puts up these kind of numbers. Of the three 3rd baseman I have, Huff is the one I like the least. Most of it because of the lineup he is in. If I was convinced Huff would put up good numbers across the board, I'd put him at 1st and move Klesko to the OF, but I think Huff (when compared to other 1B) will be about the 15th best 1st baseman, whereas Klesko could still be top 5-6. Ideally, I'd like to move Huff and Cruz, and get a good 1B back. I could then pick up Josh Phelps or Danny Bautista to fill the spot. I just don't think I could get a "stud" 1B for Huff and Cruz.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Should I drop Huff to pick up Josh Phelps? I think I'd rather play Phelps at 1B than Huff if I move Klesko to OF. How many games into the season do you think it will take Phelps to get in 15 games at 1B?
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

I'm not sure how long that would take. Phelps is primarily going to DH, and with Delgado at first it doesn't seem like he'll play there much. If Delgado gets hurt, then I would have to think that Phelps would be the replacement. I think Phelps will out-produce Huff, but you're handcuffed becasue of eligibility problems. Huff will also start the year at third from what Pinella has been saying, so that helps his value. Is there anyone else you could drop to make room for Phelps? I'd try to work out a 2-for-1 deal so you'll have an empty roster spot.

I'd see what the other teams are offering for Alfonzo before you make the decision to keep him. You may get someone to overpay for him and then make another trade to get yourself a player you really want. I always try to take into consideration how other owners might value a player before I make a trade.

I had someone offer me Larry Walker for Alfonzo and Jose Cruz. He is LOADED in the OF with Vlad, Abreu, Ichiro, L. Walker, and C.Floyd. Should I do that? now that I think about it, I think moving Alfonzo might be better since Huff is eligible at 1B and he can backup Klesko. I can always move Ramirez to 3B and have Huff as his backup as well. What do you think? I'm going to try and get him to give me Abreu instead of Larry Walker, but we'll see.

L. Walker / Abreu
    J. Phelps

E.Alfonzo
    J. Cruz

seems pretty good to me.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

?
    Last edited by Red Leader; 03-28-2003 at 04:54 PM.
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Turn Off Ads?