Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dayton Flyer Basketball

Re: Dayton Flyer Basketball

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    I saw your man Archie at this game last night: http://www.middletownjournal.com/mid...s-1307380.html

Presumably, checking out the Morgan kid from Springboro. I guess they'll need a replacement for Kavanaugh.

But the kid to watch is the frosh at Franklin. He's going to be special.
    Yeah, he was likely there to check out both Maverick Morgan and Luke Kennard. Archie's got offers out to both. Sounds like Kennard will probably go bigger though. Early talk is UK.

Morgan would be a great get for UD as well.
    Last edited by BillDoran; 01-05-2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Typo

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post

Dillard played well, but was reckless at times. He made some truly awful passes. Johnson did next to nothing.
    Agreed. He tried to do too much, because, well, he's tasked with doing too much. With Benson out, there isn't anyone else on the roster who can consistently create offense.

We were going wherever KD takes us prior to Benson's injury. That's doubly so now.

Might be a bumpy ride, but looks like, save Temple, the A10 will be wide open.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post
    Yeah, he was likely there to check out both Maverick Morgan and Luke Kennard. Archie's got offers out to both. Sounds like Kennard will probably go bigger though. Early talk is UK.

Look for him to transfer out of Franklin for next year - possibly Alter. And if that happens, well, we all know the Alter-to-UD pipeline runs strong. Here's hoping ...

I love UD Arena. Simply one of the best atmospheres in all of college basketball.

Top 5, up there with Rupp Arena, Allen Fieldhouse, the Palestra and Cameron. Old St. Johns Arena at OSU was pretty awesome too; it's a shame what it was replaced with.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

I should also mention that I saw some guy wearing a Chris Wright Golden State Warriors jersey. Kudos to him.

Quote Originally Posted by BillDoran View Post

I found it interesting that Archie was sending a text or otherwise pounding on his phone while Morgan was shooting a FT drectly infront of him. (Miller was standing along the baseline as there were no seats to be had anywhere.)

As for Kennard, I seriously doubt he's UK material. I know it's tough to judge a frosh, but the athleticism just isn't there.

Also, FYI, Kennard's dad and Franklin's coach are very close friends. Their families live about 100 yards down the street from each other. Kennard's dad is a Franklin guy, Bales is a Franklin guy. I doubt that Kennard goes anywhere so long as Bales stays HC at Franklin. The kid will get as many big-time offers at Franklin as he would anywhere else. (See: Payne, Adrien.)
    Last edited by dabvu2498; 01-05-2012 at 10:43 PM.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Dayton made the front page of ESPN.

I should also mention that I saw some guy wearing a Chris Wright Golden State Warriors jersey. Kudos to him.
    Here's Wright forcing Kobe into an air ball during last night's game.

No way Dayton should be playing with the likes of Temple, trap game or not.

Archie F'n Miller.

At least Dayton did something right.

Dayton moves up to 37th in the new coaches poll, and is Andy Katz's Team of the Week:

http://espn.go.com/ncb/notebook/_/pa...tch1205/week-5

They also went from nothing to a 9th seed in Lunardi's tournament bracket.

Oy vey! CJ is out tonight with concussion-like symptoms.

Tough loss to Bona in Olean, New York tonight. The Flyers only had 8 scholarship players and resorted to dressing a practice player.

They fought valiantly in the first half (while shooting 50% from 3), but couldn't hold off Andrew Nicholson (30 points, 13 boards, and 6 blocks) and company in the second half.

Still like what I see from Archie's troops. He's got them playing above their heads right now. Across the board, you can see the players' confidence levels rising as the season progresses. Gavrillovic, in particular, has made huge strides.

Saturday, the Explorers of LaSalle come to the Dayton Decibel Dungeon.

Who's all going to the game on Saturday? I'll be there ... Section 404 ... wearing red and being loud (with some select insults directed toward the eggsavier gangsta thugs).
    Last edited by Reds/Flyers Fan; 01-20-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Man, I wish I could have been there. Kavanaugh has been playing like a BOSS lately.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Turn Off Ads?