Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bronson Doesn't Read Redszone...

Bronson Doesn't Read Redszone...

...because if he did he wouldn't have said this. He would already know that he is the next Jamie Moyer and losing a little off the fastball isn't going to hurt him.

Bronson Arroyo his altered offseason routine in order to regain velocity.
    “All I’m looking for is more velocity,” Arroyo said. “They can say all they want that velocity doesn’t mean anything. But there’s world of difference between 86 and 91. I’m not going to lose the ability to get people out and the feel for my breaking ball. I’m trying to my body strong and get that velocity back.
    Unfortunately Father Time is undefeated. Good luck, Mr. Arroyo.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bronson Doesn't Read Redszone...

He is right, you don't have to have a 90+ per hour fastball to be successful in this league.

He may get some back, but ultimately you are correct, Father Time is undefeated. It is encouraging that he's actually putting more into this offseason than he has in the past. Who knows, maybe he'll rebound....

I find it interesting that Bronson lost another MPH on his fastball last year, but threw it about 7% more often than he did in 2010. In 2010, he relied much more on his change up, and he had a much more successful year than he did last season. Hopefully this means that even if he can't get his fastball velocity back, he can at least be more productive by changing his pitch selection.

Of course, I suppose with a drop in velocity on his fastball, his change up might be less effective, which could pose its own difficulties if he tries to rely on it more.

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    He is right, you don't have to have a 90+ per hour fastball to be successful in this league.
    Same as it ever was.
    Last edited by texasdave; 12-05-2011 at 05:31 PM.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

Turn Off Ads?