Turn Off Ads?
Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Reds rumors

Re: Reds rumors

According to this article the Reds were in discussions to send Ryan Hanigan to Tampa and would have received Seth Smith from the Rockies.

http://yossif.mlblogs.com/ You have to scroll down a little to get to the article.

Interestingly, Hanigan was almost dealt to the Rays earlier this offseason. According to ESPN’s Buster Olney, the Rays discussed trading for Seth Smith (who was on the Colorado Rockies then) and then sending him to Cincinnati in exchange for Hanigan.

2. Turn Off Ads?

That could've been bad except they could've brought in Pudge to work with Mesoraco then.

Those talks were probably before Hernandez had signed elsewhere. Im sure if we traded Hanigan that we would have tried to keep Razor.

Columbus Dispatch — DALLAS (AP) -- Texas Rangers outfielder and recovering drug addict Josh Hamilton says he had a relapse and had "three or four" drinks earlier this week. Hamilton spoke today, confirming a report that he drank alcohol at a Dallas-area bar on Monday night. He said it was a "weak moment" and "it was just wrong."

My best estimate has the Reds almost $2M in payroll above where they were last season. A $5M increase over 2011 gives the Reds about $3M left to work with. Based on how much of Ryan Madson's contract counts toward the 2012 budget, they could have several million more. It's still probably not enough to sign Roy Oswalt without clearing out a little salary by trade.

Despite Walt Jocketty declaring that the team is "pretty tapped out" in terms of payroll, Oswalt's people have talked to the Reds on some level (according to John Fay). It's a move I suspect "Win Now Walt" would like to make. All of the eggs for improving the rotation are currently in the Latos basket and the starting pitching depth, especially if you include departures by Maloney and Thompson, has shrunk to essentially Aroldis Chapman. Can we call him a starter yet?

The way I feel about calling chapman a starter is when he develops a change up we can call him a starter until that time he belongs in the pen.

I'm not really sure that Chapman will ever be a starting pitcher at the MLB level.

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

The Cardinals are waiting to see if Roy Oswalt will sign on their terms and at their price, ESPN.com's Buster Olney writes.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

that's nothing new

If Ryan Ludwick set out to win over Reds fans, he's likely batting 1.000 after Cincinnati formally announced his signing. "People might find it hard to believe," he said. "But this the most excited I've been in my career." ... On playing in Petco: "Playing in San Diego screwed me up. I'm not using that as an excuse or a crutch, but it turned me into a dead pull hitter. I got away from what I was as a hitter." (Over 160 games in San Diego, Ludwick hit .228/.301/.358). On playing at Great American Ball Park (where he has hit .276/.321/.600 with six home runs and 21 RBI in 105 at-bats): "Great American has one of the fairest right-centers in baseball. It fits my swing perfectly."

Read more: http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_r...#ixzz1lvLsdUMC

Quote Originally Posted by brad1176 View Post
    I'm not really sure that Chapman will ever be a starting pitcher at the MLB level.

I'm not really sure where you got that "thought"....

I really don't care what Ludwick says there I want to see Chris Heisey out there for 600 ABs

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

ESPN.com's Jayson Stark says Roy Oswalt is not going to sign with the Rangers or Phillies. The right-hander could end up in Boston, where he doesn't seem to want to play, or with the Cardinals, who are interested if Oswalt agrees to their terms.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Oswalt in St. Louis seems inevitable at this point. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by [deleted] View Post
    Oswalt in St. Louis seems inevitable at this point. Shame.
    QFT.........would much rather see him in Cincy red.

Turn Off Ads?