Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds rumors

Re: Reds rumors

Remember, in July, everyone had the Reds as the front runner for Ubaldo Jimenez and we seen how that worked out. I'd like for the Reds to acquire Jurrjens if its for the right price. Reports are the Braves want a haul and like Jimenez in July we may not want to meet their asking price.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Seems like 90% of what's being reported during the winter meetings is crap.

Why the Reds would want Jurrjens, I have no clue. We have several guys with a ton more talent and just coming into their prime.

Sounds like the Braves trying to bid up the price.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    Remember, in July, everyone had the Reds as the front runner for Ubaldo Jimenez and we seen how that worked out. I'd like for the Reds to acquire Jurrjens if its for the right price. Reports are the Braves want a haul and like Jimenez in July we may not want to meet their asking price.
    It is all about the price. The Rockies then got the young pitcher they wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post
    It is all about the price. The Rockies then got the young pitcher they wanted.
    Time will tell, but I believe the Rockies got the better end of the deal and I was glad the Reds didn't give up as much as Cleveland did for Ubaldo. I agree its all about the price and with 10 teams reportedly interested the Braves are in a good spot. I just don't think the Reds are a good fit for Jurrjens. I was glad to see Sheldon's report that the Reds appear not so interested in Jair.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDusty View Post
    I hope we do nothing.

The only things of value we have we need, or are not willing to trade...and it takes things of value & a willingness to trade them.

Shipping future impact hitters in a pitching dominated league is pure stupidity.

If we could get a #2 starter for Alonzo...I would consider it......as it stands...all we can get for Alonzo is what we already have.

I hope we do nothing. I want to put the pressure on our pathetic manager to perform with what he has.

The talent is already in place. the leadership at the major league level to get that talent to perform isn't.
    Spot on.

Rockies trade for Kevin Slowey. May no longer have a need for EV. Blue Jays pick up a cheap interesting closer. Walt Sleeps.

The Blue Jays acquired reliever Sergio Santos from the White Sox for righty prospect Nestor Molina, announced the team.In Santos, 28, Blue Jays GM Alex Anthopoulos found his closer on the trade market. The converted infielder posted a 3.55 ERA, 13.1 K/9, 4.1 BB/9, 0.85 HR/9, and 43% groundball rate in 63 1/3 innings for the White Sox this year, saving 30 games in 36 tries.
    How does this pertain to the Reds?

The trade seems to signal an impending rebuilding effort for the White Sox. Santos himself was affordable, but perhaps GM Kenny Williams preferred a future rotation candidate in Molina.
    Meaning Danks and Floyd could be available.

With Kenny Williams trading Santos to the Blue Jays for a AA pitcher, you have to think this is a full on rebuilding effort, especially with little money available. I would think with a surplus of low minor - high potential SP prospects and plenty of position depth in the minors we could easily get Danks, Floyd or Both!

Walt doing what Walt does best - staying on the back burner.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post

Meaning Danks and Floyd could be available.
    Spot on analysis about the White Sox entering rebuilding mode, but Kenny Williams tweeted that he plans to keep the Sox starting pitching intact. That comment could just be posturing to try to prevent a flood of low-ball offers from other teams looking to capitalize on the presumed fire sale, but it's discouraging to read nonetheless.

Braves, White Sox Discussing Matt Thornton
    By Tim Dierkes [December 6 at 1:37pm CST]
    A potential trade of White Sox lefty reliever Matt Thornton to the Braves is picking up steam, tweets Joe Cowley of the Chicago Sun-Times. However, David O'Brien of the Atlanta Journal-Constitution says this one's not happening.

Thornton, 35, posted a 3.32 ERA, 9.5 K/9, 3.2 BB/9, 0.45 HR/9, and 48.8% groundball rate in 59 2/3 innings for the White Sox this year. He's owed $12MM through 2013 on an extension signed in March. It's unclear whether Sox GM Kenny Williams would further deplete his bullpen depth after trading Sergio Santos to Toronto today, but relievers generally aren't crucial to a rebuilding effort.
    They are when you are trading your best two relievers and moving another reliever to the rotation. Another sign that they are in rebuilding mode! I am now of the belief that we could sell our low to mid minor league prospects and get something out of it now!

Nevermind! Just shot down by David O'Brien!

According to Jayson Stark of ESPN.com, the Rockies are "willing to eat all money for prospects" in trading Huston Street.

Lot of things happening at the Winter Meetings. While our GM gently sleeps.

Turn Off Ads?