Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Maybe...just maybe..

Maybe...just maybe..

Stubbs learned it's more important to get on base then to try and drive the ball out of the ballpark in every at bat...gets on with a bunt, all he has to do is employ that a bit more often and I bet you see a better OBP and fewer strikeouts...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Maybe...just maybe..

the bunt was great

With his strikeout he's on pace for 162. That's better than 205 from last year.

He did it just to show he can and shut people up. Bet you people are complaining he doesn't do it enough in a month or two.

I still think he's going to strikeout a ton, but I'm okay with it if he's good in other areas. He should lead this team in stolen bases again, so if he's making things happen when he does get on base, and if he bumps his defense up a notch to nearing the gold glove caliber range, then I can live with his Ks at the bottom of the lineup.

We know he's gonna hit some homeruns and drive in some runs...it's just the other areas that I'd like to see him be really good in for me to live with his Ks.

he needs to attempt that bunt once a week...I dont even care if he gets a hit with the bunt or not...I just want to see the defense play him up short so he can push more balls in the holes....that alone will add a few points to his average....throw in some of those bunts falling in for hits and he just might be a .280 hitter with the possibility for .300.....kids has all the upside a CF'er needs to be a staple in the all star game for years to come....

This is the year

Quote Originally Posted by Big Red Hoss View Post
    He did it just to show he can and shut people up. Bet you people are complaining he doesn't do it enough in a month or two.
    lol yeah im sure he did it just for that reason.

I thought the bunt was great and also great to see him making the proper adjustments to make him a better ball player for this team.

Stubbs will be a key player this year for the Reds. Hopefully he has matured and becomes the CF we all envisioned a couple years ago. I like the power and all that he has but I would love to see that OBP rise a little. When hes on base he raises hell for the pitcher.

I was watching some of the Tigers and BoSox game and the announcers were commenting on Austin Jackson making adjustments to become a better hitter and leadoff hitter. Hopefully Stubbs can make similar adjustments. I consider Stubbs and Jackson to be almost the same type player

Turn Off Ads?