Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Reds rumors

Re: Reds rumors

I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in Beantown. The Evil Empire stocked up on pitching; the Red Sox almost have to follow suit.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up in Beantown. The Evil Empire stocked up on pitching; the Red Sox almost have to follow suit.
    I could see them wanting him, but I don't think thats a great fit. He probably wouldn't handle the added pressure all that well and I'm not sure how much he'd like DH'ng. Adrian G isn't going anywhere and he's definitely better defensively.

Quote Originally Posted by swaisuc View Post
    I could see them wanting him, but I don't think thats a great fit. He probably wouldn't handle the added pressure all that well and I'm not sure how much he'd like DH'ng. Adrian G isn't going anywhere and he's definitely better defensively.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't run Oswalt out there at DH.

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Smith @JohnnySmith28
    Francisco & Bailey to Blue Jays for prospects and Thames. Oswalt to be signed.
    Keep in mind this guy hasn't ever been right about anything, AFAIK.

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    Keep in mind this guy hasn't ever been right about anything, AFAIK.
    He was right about Cozart being called up and he called a big trade was on the way a few days before the Latos deal.

Quote Originally Posted by nate1213 View Post
    He was right about Cozart being called up and he called a big trade was on the way a few days before the Latos deal.
    But he failed last July. The "trade" makes little sense. Oswalt is damaged goods as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jhu1321 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they wouldn't run Oswalt out there at DH.
    whoa, I got my threads crossed or something there haha. Thanks.

Four years later, the Chicago White Sox finally signed Kosuke Fukudome - and for a fraction of the price he cost the Cubs.The outfielder agreed Tuesday to a one-year contract that guarantees $1 million. He will get a $500,000 salary this year, and the White Sox have a $3.5 million option for 2013 with a $500,000 buyout.
    Fukudome signs for a half million for 2012 (with a half a million dollar buyout and a team option for 2013). He had a thoroughly regrettable 2011. But that still seems awfully cheap. If he bounces back at all the Chisox got quite a bargain. He is staying in the Windy City - with the Southsiders - so that could well have been a determining factor. Still, half a million for 2012?

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Fukudome signs for a half million for 2012 (with a half a million dollar buyout and a team option for 2013). He had a thoroughly regrettable 2011. But that still seems awfully cheap. If he bounces back at all the Chisox got quite a bargain. He is staying in the Windy City - with the Southsiders - so that could well have been a determining factor. Still, half a million for 2012?
    Yeah, that's a good deal for the Pale Hose.

I wanted to see WJ snag him. LH bat, decent OBP, good defender. And I'm still trying to understand Ludwick's (moderate) reverse splits.

All I've got is, since he's a southpaw, maybe he feels like a LHH.
    Last edited by malcontent; 02-15-2012 at 11:29 AM.

The Reds assigned Carlos Fisher to Triple-A after he cleared waivers, Mark Sheldon of MLB.com reports. The right-hander, who was designated for assignment last week, receives an invitation to Major League Spring Training.
    Nice guy to have stashed at AAA.

It has been awfully quiet on the Roy Oswalt front.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Yes -- he must think he's in an episode of The Twilight Zone.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    Yeah, that's a good deal for the Pale Hose.

I wanted to see WJ snag him. LH bat, decent OBP, good defender. And I'm still trying to understand Ludwick's (moderate) reverse splits.

All I've got is, since he's a southpaw, maybe he feels like a LHH.
    +1 --- At the time I doubted he would sign for that amount of money but I would have preferred him as the other option in the OF.
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I'm starting to wonder if Oswalt doesn't get his asking price, if he may go the Pedro Martinez approach and wait until mid-season to fleece some desperate team. If no takers, then just stay home with the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Old NDN View Post
    I'm starting to wonder if Oswalt doesn't get his asking price, if he may go the Pedro Martinez approach and wait until mid-season to fleece some desperate team. If no takers, then just stay home with the kids.
    I think he will lower his price and sign somewhere next week. Its just a matter of who is luckiest to get the first call that says we will take less. Hopefully its Cinci. Ceuto Latos Oswalt Leake and Tomko. Its a dream rotation.
    2012 is Going To Be a Great Year!!

Turn Off Ads?