Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds rumors

Re: Reds rumors

Reds general manager Walt Jocketty tells MLB.com's Mark Sheldon that Ross' agent said his client would be interested in returning to Cincinnati. Ross was briefly a Red in 2006, appearing in two games with the club. Jocketty said the two sides "kicked it around,” though the team has "some other things to do first," presumably finding a top-tier pitcher. Perhaps related to the Reds' pitching search, Jocketty said he has spoken "several times" with the Rays but he doesn't think the two sides are close on a trade.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The delay in finalizing the Street deal occurred because the Rockies were close to sending him to the Reds for Edinson Volquez, tweets Renck.

It appears the Angels have signed Pujols (10 year deal worth 250-260 million). How does this impact the Reds' off-season strategy? Well, Kendry Morales and Mark Trumbo are now legitimate trade chips, and so Alonso's value might be proportionally diminished. It would be utterly frustrating if Jocketty finally got the nerve to trade Alonso, only to see the Halos swoop in with a more appealing deal involving Morales or Trumbo.

Quote Originally Posted by LegallyMinded View Post
    It appears the Angels have signed Pujols (10 year deal worth 250-260 million). How does this impact the Reds' off-season strategy? Well, Kendry Morales and Mark Trumbo are now legitimate trade chips, and so Alonso's value might be proportionally diminished. It would be utterly frustrating if Jocketty finally got the nerve to trade Alonso, only to see the Halos swoop in with a more appealing deal involving Morales or Trumbo.
    Heres more

"Albert Pujols(notes), the heart and hammer of the St. Louis Cardinals for more than a decade, will leave St. Louis and sign with the Los Angeles Angels, sources said Thursday morning.

Latecomers to the Pujols derby, the Angels will pay Pujols $250 million to $260 million over 10 years, a devastating turn for the Cardinals and a departure from past organizational philosophies for Arte Moreno's Angels.

After a month-long search for wealth and happiness, most notably in Miami, Pujols will not return to the only organization he's known."
    HUBBA A man who knows everything,just can't remember it all at one time.

takealeake

If we weren't doling out $30 mil contracts for trash like Arroyo with 5 and a half ERA's, maybe we would have some money to throw around in free agency. But no, our wise management though it was better instead to buy high, and sell low. That's basically the Reds in a nutshell. Instead of actually taking the option on Arroyo and seeing if he holds up, we always decide to resign guys when they are the hottest they can actually be. That's why management is dumb as rocks. We get off the hook for one trash contract with Cordero, but yet we're instantly locked into another with Arroyo.

The Twins, Indians, and Rockies are most likely to sign free agent left fielder Josh Willingham, tweets Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle. The Indians are interested but have yet to make an offer, tweets MLB.com's Jordan Bastian.
    No Wishbone C mentioned.

So let's recap. Walt is hot to deal and goes to Dallas with a fistful of trading chips. The end result. Dmitri Young - maybe. Cody Ross - maybe. Andrew Brackman - maybe.

Sweet.

walt is waiting for the other teams to become defunct like the seattle pilots then maybe the reds will win, I believe walt is a mole sent here by the cards

Travis Mattair. A 22 year-old third baseman who has worked all the way up to High A. Four years in the minors has resulted in a .341 SLG along with a .654 OPS. For a corner infielder. Nice.

Walt's work here is done. Let's go home boys and rest up for Spring Training.

Walt could have Bailey straight up for Alonso if he wanted him. Which is Walt's problem.

I could see this conversation with Beane:
    Beane: Well Walt, Alonso for Bailey, lets get it done. I need a bat, you need a better closer
    Walt: Now hold on, how about that Gio guy? Alonso,Grandel and Wood for him and Bailey.
    Beane: Uh, no
    Walt: I will throw in our Bailey
    Beane: Don't want him, got a mechanical flaw, even if we sort it out, he will be gone in 60 seconds once he hits FA man
    Walt: You could always trade him.....
    Beane: With that risk. I don't want him
    Walt: Who do you want?
    Beane: That Corcianoonono blaa blaa guy
    Walt: I know who you are talking about, can't have him
    Beane: Then we have no deal
    Walt: I can't believe you don't want my package
    Beane: Listen, Walt, we don't have to trade Gio or Bailey. I like Bailey. But we aren't going to compete this year and want a young bat with some upside. But he doesn't have Joey Votto upside circa 2009. I think Bailey is a fair fair offer for Alonso. Grandel needs another year to convince me, Wood is a 3 at max, we already discussed Bailey. I really don't want to trade Gio that bad. I need a fine young pitching prospect to get this done
    Walt: Well, I never......
    Beane: Again, Bailey for Alonso
    Walt: Uh, I will think it over
    Beane: ok, goodbye.

[QUOTE=The Rage;2509261]

This is the best post of the year. Now we know why Walt can't get things done, he is too busy soliciting his package, and rival GMs are completely underwhelmed.

It is becoming very frustrating that Walt can't or won't pull the trigger. I understand the not mortaging the farm mentality, but with all of our future hall of famers that we have in minors (that many on this board do not want to part with either) you'd think the Reds could get something done.

Of course, the moment a trade or signing actually happens all the experts on Redszone will chime in with how stupid Walt was to trade so and so for this guy or how could sign that guy.

He really can't win.

Seriously though, I'm with most of you, I've been unimpressed so far this off-season with the Reds.

[QUOTE=izzy's dad;2509269]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rage View Post

This is the best post of the year. Now we know why Walt can't get things done, he is too busy soliciting his package, and rival GMs are completely underwhelmed.
    No, rival GM's aren't getting from Walt what they want. Walt either needs to pull the trigger or settle to fill a hole(like Alonso for Bailey would). If you want Bailey AND Gio, you better have a good pitching prospect going back the otherway.

the reds rumor mill should have nothing in it. how can there be 4 pages. that is alot of "churp churp cricket cricket" if you ask me. walt should be fired in fact he should have neer been hired hell pay me half of what he gets hell i'm good at doing nothing

Let the kids play!

[QUOTE=The Rage;2509348]
    Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post

(like Alonso for Bailey would).

garbge

Just to clarify, I never said that Alonso for Bailey would be a good deal. I want to make that clear. That would be an awful deal for the Reds. It is starting to look like we are going into the season with this current roster. And that sucks.

Turn Off Ads?