Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds rumors

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Re: Reds rumors

Cody Ross and Dmitri Young: Not one but TWO POTENTIAL LUMPS OF COAL in your Cincinnati Reds Christmas stocking!

Thank you Uncle Walt for letting us dream!

2. Turn Off Ads?

And I am certain Dusty was more than excited about the prospect of Dmitri being in camp. That is one serious lump of Veteran Creaminess. Heisey wouldn't get off the bench.

Nothing done before the Winter Meetings - check.
    Nothing done at the Winter Meetings - check.
    Nothing done before January 1st -
    Nothing done before Spring Training -
    Nothing done during Spring Training -

To be revisited....

He sure could hit HalMorrisRules's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post
    Just to clarify, I never said that Alonso for Bailey would be a good deal. I want to make that clear. That would be an awful deal for the Reds. It is starting to look like we are going into the season with this current roster. And that sucks.
    Yes because as we know pitchers and catchers report next week

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Nothing done before the Winter Meetings - check.
    Nothing done at the Winter Meetings - check.
    Nothing done before January 1st -
    Nothing done before Spring Training -
    Nothing done during Spring Training -

To be revisited....
    Some of those Arizona nursing home nurses can be pretty hot.

Maybe Ole Walt has been up to something after all.

Quote Originally Posted by HalMorrisRules View Post
    Yes because as we know pitchers and catchers report next week
    I get the sarcasm, but in the years that Walt has been here has he made any move to improve the club? None other than Chapman, and Rolen. We were exposed in the playoffs in 2010, and all of last season. Meanwhile our front office did NOTHING to make this team better. Nothing was done last off season/ trade deadline, and nothing so far this off season. It is all too familiar. I don't know why my "hunch" was worth your little roll of the eyes emoticon. If Walt does do something I will gladly eat crow, but I just don't see it happening. So roll your eyes if you want, I will have the same opinion until Walt changes it for me.

Since the 2009 July trading deadline these are the deals made by Walt. (Source is baseball-reference.com)

8/14/2009 Alex Gonzalez plus cash for Kris Negron.
    2/1/2010 Willy Taveras and Adam Rosales for Aaron Miles.
    8/9/2010 Chris Dickerson for Jim Edmonds.
    9/13/2010 PTBNL or Cash for Willie Bloomquist.
    7/24/2011 Steven Jackson for PTBNL.
    8/26/2011 Jonny Gomes for Bill Rhinehart and Chris Manno.

Since the 2009 July trade deadline Walt has brought in via trade to plug obvious holes the following: Kris Negron, Aaron Miles, Jim Edmonds, Willie Bloomquist, a PTBNL, Bill Rhinehart and Chris Manno.

A source tells Cafardo that Cody Ross is seeking a three-year deal worth about $6MM annually.
    Cody won't be a Red.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Cody won't be a Red.
    I don't know, three year deals that grossly overpay players seem to be a Reds specialty: just look at Bronson Arroyo's extension and the Eric Milton contract.

On a more serious note, the Braves may be hanging on to Jair Jurrjens. Could be a blessing for the Reds if it stops Jocketty from trading Alonso for him.

I know that we haven't done anything for the 2012 season yet in terms of trades or pickups that actually give us a plus on the Major League club, but i think everyone needs to be patient. We have to remember that it isn't even 2012 yet. There is still plenty time for trades etc. If Walt makes an Alonso for Shields type of trade in the next week is everyone gonna be saying we didn't do anything? Give it time, and be patient. If it comes to ST and we still haven't made a deal, I will be more than disappointed just like everyone else. Until then, give it time and well see what Walt does.

yes lets be patient and wait till 2025 for "walt" to develop a pulse

I know that we haven't done anything for the 2012 season yet in terms of trades or pickups that actually give us a plus on the Major League club, but i think everyone needs to be patient. We have to remember that it isn't even 2012 yet.
    Exactly. All the good players haven't been signed/traded for yet. Once that happens Walt is going to be right on top of things; ready, willing and able to obtain the cream of the crap.

yes walt is ready to pounce on arturo de frietas and rafeal santo domingo dont youthink??

The Reds tendered contracts to all six arbitration-eligible players. Jose Arredondo, Homer Bailey, Bill Bray, Paul Janish, Nick Masset and Edinson Volquez fell into that category.
    Walt must be exhausted. Expect nothing else to be done until 2012.

I was wrong. Walt still working those phones hard. Should we expect a Dmitri Young signing here any day now?
    Last edited by texasdave; 12-13-2011 at 01:33 PM.

Here we go. (Bud Lite owes me a six-pack for that plug) Andrew Brackman. And a roster spot. I am gonna posit that
    Dontrelle adds more value to his team than Brackman does. Brackman can't find home plate with a compass and a sleigh pulled by reindeer. (Trying to work the Christmas theme into it)
    All that being said, I am hoping that AB regains his velocity, his control and ends up solidifying the pen.

Turn Off Ads?