Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds rumors

Re: Reds rumors

The Gio Gonzalez trade rumors have been vast and varied so far this offseason. Here's the latest on the A's left-hander from Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com:The Mets and Mariners are now among the teams in on Gonzalez, a source tells Rosenthal (Twitter link), while the Marlins, Reds, Red Sox and Rangers remain in the mix.
    The latest on Gio. Reds still mentioned. His lifetime home/away splits. I think in GABP he is mediocre. Just say no.

Code:
            Split 	ERA 	GS 	IP 	H 	HR 	BB 	SO 	WHIP 	SO/9 	SO/BB
    	Home 	3.56 	45 	273.0 	235 	29 	135 	252 	1.355 	8.3 	1.87
    	Away 	4.32 	44 	262.1 	256 	26 	129 	259 	1.468 	8.9 	2.01
    Last edited by texasdave; 12-16-2011 at 01:33 AM.
    A summer watching a bad Reds' team, is still a pretty good summer.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by AintlifeGrande View Post
    This whole Walt deal about him ''frustrated over lack of moves''is pathetic.There is too much young talent in this organization for him to not make moves.Winning teams take chances.Some work out,some don't.GM's are supposed to try and improve and not sit on their hands.It's so darn hard on us fans to having anything to be excited about going into the season.
    We could at least see more young talent having a chance,but grizzled veterans always seem to get the call.It's like our minor's are a graveyard.at least give us something to get excited about.
    Walt's problem is that he overvalues the young talent in this organization. He feels the other GM are trying to screw him over

J Horsley

Quote Originally Posted by Krawhitham View Post
    Walt's problem is that he overvalues the young talent in this organization. He feels the other GM are trying to screw him over
    Isn't that the idea tho? I mean when you make a trade you dont want to give up too much in return. The idea is to make a deal where its dead even or come out the winner in the trade. GMs are trying to get the better end of the deal. If your on the bad end of the deal, you lost. Who wants to lose lol
    When you play this game twenty years, go to bat ten-thousand times, and get three-thousand hits, do you know what that means? You've gone zero for seven-thousand. - Pete Rose for HOF!

http://jeremiahssportsblog.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    The latest on Gio. Reds still mentioned. His lifetime home/away splits. I think in GABP he is mediocre. Just say no.

Code:
            Split 	ERA 	GS 	IP 	H 	HR 	BB 	SO 	WHIP 	SO/9 	SO/BB
    	Home 	3.56 	45 	273.0 	235 	29 	135 	252 	1.355 	8.3 	1.87
    	Away 	4.32 	44 	262.1 	256 	26 	129 	259 	1.468 	8.9 	2.01
    I think those are pretty good road splits. Would win quite a few games. Our defense is much better than Oaklands IMHO. 26 HR in 262 innings. I love that stat actually, much better than our starters home or away I would guess.

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    I think those are pretty good road splits. Would win quite a few games. Our defense is much better than Oaklands IMHO. 26 HR in 262 innings. I love that stat actually, much better than our starters home or away I would guess.
    The Red's defense is almost certainly better than Oakland's (43.8 team UZR for the Reds, -22.1 for for the A's last year), but I'd still be concerned about Gio's fielding independent stats. His away FIP last year was right at 4.0, which is decent, but not necessarily the kind of front of the line starter the Reds seem to need.

Beyond that, with so many teams in the mix for him, I'm beginning to doubt the asking price for Gio will fall to a more reasonable level. It might be for the best if the Reds can't make a deal for him.

Rockies GM Dan O'Dowd continued a busy offseason today by making his biggest move yet. The Rockies have agreed to sign Michael Cuddyer to a three-year, $31.5MM deal.
    If Cuddyer was on anyone's wish list, cross him off.

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    If Cuddyer was on anyone's wish list, cross him off.
    Crossed off. He got his 10M per year after all.

With all these outfielders flying off the shelf it is getting to the point where they won't be able to trade Yonder. There will be no LFers left out there to pick up to fill the void.

Is it wrong to have the mindset that if the Reds are in on a player and there is just one other team mentioned, that the other team is gonna end up with the player?

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Gio Gonzalez, Mat Latos and Jair Jurrjens are among the pitchers on the Reds' wish list, according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports (Twitter links). Latos may be available in the right deal, Gonzalez could be had, but Oakland's asking price is high and Jurrjens also appears to be available. GM Walt Jocketty recently told Rosenthal that he's looking aggressively at ways of improving his team's pitching staff, despite the high asking prices sellers are setting for available arms.

Matt Garza, who could earn a salary approaching $9MM through arbitration, is too expensive for Jocketty's liking and John Danks is less appealing than some alternatives, as he's under team control for just one season, Rosenthal writes. James Shields appears to be out of the reach for every team, including the Reds, and Jocketty is aiming to obtain a better pitcher than Wade Davis.
    http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/1...-jurrjens.html

Ken rosenthal wrote that jocketty is high on danks and quentin from whitesox!

That is the one pitcher that I thought we should have been going after from the get go and try and extend him!

Ken Rosenthal is saying one of his sources is reporting Reds acquire Latos for Alonso and others per twitter

https://twitter.com/#!/Ken_Rosenthal

Even after trading for Mat Latos, Reds GM Walt Jocketty still plans on using Aroldis Chapman as a starter, tweets John Fay of the Cincinnatti Enquirer. Jocketty did leave room for a change of heart, however, noting that things could change later on.

I am sitting here eating a medium-sized plate of crow and, you know something, it doesn't taste all that bad. The thought of Mat Latos toeing the rubber in a Reds' uniform is easy on the tongue. Congrats, Walt. I wouldn't mind some crow pie for dessert. So make it happen, Mr. Jocketty.

Turn Off Ads?