Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds rumors

Re: Reds rumors

Reds talking to the Cubs about Marshall? I'm not sure I want to give up Wood for a 1 year set up guy though.

The Reds, continuing their search for bullpen help, are talking to the Cubs about a trade for left-hander Sean Marshall, according to major-league sources.

The Cubs are targeting left-hander Travis Wood, a pitcher who intrigued team president Theo Epstein last season when Epstein was GM of the Red Sox, sources say.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Hillsdale87 View Post
    Reds talking to the Cubs about Marshall? I'm not sure I want to give up Wood for a 1 year set up guy though.
    Marshall's price tag would of 3.1 million for 2012 would hinder Walt's ability to sign a higher priced FA. That said, he would be a welcome addition to the pen and would likely be a type B free agent after the season, meaning that if the Reds offered arbitration, they would receive a compensation pick I believe unless the new CBA is structured differently.
    Last edited by Eric the Red; 12-20-2011 at 10:25 PM.

Marshall has been great the past two years and would be a huge addition to the pen. Seems like the Reds aren't as high on Wood as many of us (including myself).

ALL IN FOR THIS YEAR!

According to Bruce Levine of ESPN, the Cincinnati Reds are poised to hand over southpaw starter Travis Wood and two minor league pitchers to the Chicago Cubs for reliever Sean Marshall.

Faytweet:

has Sean marshall ever closed?//I'm hearing that the plan is not him to close
    I would extrapolate that if the Reds are not planning on him closing, they are planning on him being on the team.

The White Sox agreed to a five-year, $65MM extension with John Danks, according to Jon Heyman of CBSSports.com (on Twitter).

I sure hope the Reds are in on another Closer and use Marshall as a Set-Up man... I want a LOCKED DOWN 8th-9th INNING...

Say NO to Cordero... His STATS were good, but you have all seen him and he has lost some ZIP and Velocity on his Fast Ball, so let him go to some other team...

The Nationals were the winners of the Gio Gonzalez sweepstakes, acquiring the left-hander from the A's today for a package of four well-regarded prospects: A.J. Cole, Tom Milone, Derek Norris and Brad Peacock.
    Didn't all the self-acclaimed experts say the Reds lost the Latos deal?

What are these rumors I'm reading in posts on the ORG about Brandon Phillips and a multiteam deal? Any news or link available to read?

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    What are these rumors I'm reading in posts on the ORG about Brandon Phillips and a multiteam deal? Any news or link available to read?

Don't see anything mentioning that?

Quote Originally Posted by jhu1321 View Post
    Don't see anything mentioning that?
    I don't either.
    Let's get weird!

Quote Originally Posted by izzy's dad View Post
    I don't either.
    Ah, sorry it's a post in the Sun Deck.... "Sappelt to Cubs" thread posted at noon today by someone who has a "source" in the front office.

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93273

Coco Crisp won’t be on the open market much longer. The free agent outfielder has decided which team he’ll sign with, agent Steve Comte told Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle."Basically, we just have to let that team know," Comte told Slusser
    Is this the first installment of a double shot of Coco?

he is useless another baker/jocketty retread

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Is this the first installment of a double shot of Coco?
    No to Coco Crisp, his bad attitude makes teams soggy.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Turn Off Ads?