Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Harry Morgan, Colonel Potter on ‘M*A*S*H,’ Dies at 96

Harry Morgan, Colonel Potter on ‘M*A*S*H,’ Dies at 96

My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Harry Morgan, Colonel Potter on ‘M*A*S*H,’ Dies at 96

Horse Hockey!
    He had a tough role, replacing Maclean Stevenson, but did so admirably. However, I always thought his best role on MASH was when he played the nutjob general.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

I'm old. I still think of him as Bill Gannon on Dragnet. He played a ton of supporting roles as well in movies such as "Support Your Local Sheriff".

I always enjoyed him.

I remember him in many older westerns from the 40s. I just watched him the The Ox-Bow Incident a couple weeks ago.

I thought his Sherman Potter character was very well played.

RIP Sherm
    Last edited by GAC; 12-08-2011 at 04:53 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

He was a great character actor. He was really good at replacing McLean Stevenson in MASH. You wouldn't have thought that possible but he pulled it off very well. I remember him first in Dragnet so that makes me old.

R.I.P Colonel Potter
    Reds Fan Since 1971

He was also great as the judge in Inherit the Wind.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by cumberlandreds View Post
    He was a great character actor. He was really good at replacing McLean Stevenson in MASH. You wouldn't have thought that possible but he pulled it off very well. I remember him first in Dragnet so that makes me old.

R.I.P Colonel Potter
    I'm too young to have seen MASH on its original run, but I always liked his character better than the guy he replaced. I find that I'm very much unlike most fans of the show in that I found the show more interesting when they replaced Frank Burns and Henry Blake with Winchester and Potter.

The show focus became much deeper and more nuanced, as opposed to just being about ways to make the jerk look bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Turn Off Ads?