Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Reds and ole Walt keep sitting on their hands!

The Reds and ole Walt keep sitting on their hands!

It's gets old every trade deadline and offseason winter meetings the Reds brass sit on their hands and do nothing. Don't get me wrong love the Reds but it's time for uncle Bob to live up to his end of the bargain. It's time to spend and win Bob.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: The Reds and ole Walt keep sitting on their hands!

Your wrong! I heard they signed Gapper and Mr. Red legs to 3 year extensions and come to terms with a new bat boy

Frustrating, I know.

Just a thought, but just because there have been no moves DOESNT mean he is sitting on his hands. "Sitting on his hands" implies that he is not trying to improve the club. I read an interview with him last night that says that he is frustrated as well because talks were not going like he wanted.

No sitting on his hands means he's over valuing his prospects. He's letting players that have not proven anything keep him from acquiring players that have proven ther are true MLB players. I mean come on their prospects trade em get some proven players.

I am beginning to think the game has passed Walt by or Bob is really holding him back...

Quote Originally Posted by fewfirstchoice View Post
    No sitting on his hands means he's over valuing his prospects. He's letting players that have not proven anything keep him from acquiring players that have proven ther are true MLB players. I mean come on their prospects trade em get some proven players.
    My thoughts exactly!

It's gets old every trade deadline and offseason winter meetings the Reds brass sit on their hands and do nothing. Don't get me wrong love the Reds but it's time for uncle Bob to live up to his end of the bargain. It's time to spend and win Bob.
    Walt is either right or wrong, but he seems to value the Reds trading chips a lot higher than any other team does.

He went to the meetings expecting to make a couple deals but his asking price was higher than anyone would pay

that is not what sitting on ones hands means

It's time for Bob to sell the club.This seems just like the Lindner regime,just going through the motions every year.Though Uncle Carl did try to make a splash with signing Junior.So he did make an effort.

Walts reaction to the teams lack of moves in Dallas. ''very frustrating''.

Is it just me,or does Walt believe every young player in this organization is made out of gold?He cant keep feeding us the line about offers not being ''suitable''.I'm sure there are some teams who would work a fair deal.But we will never know because no deal's are ever made!

I simply don't want to hear that it only three or four days into the winter meetings. Balderdash! The Reds have had holes in left field and at shortstop for several years now. Walt Jocketty needs to stop his whining and get something done.

Interesting take on Alonso and the Reds' inactivity from Mike Newman:

Mike Newman:
    It seems as if the answer is pretty simply in that the Reds valued his skill set more than other teams. Alonso isn't a true masher and a guy with a .285, 20 HR profile really needs to contribute defensively at first base to provide equivalent value to baseball's best. Alonso has more question marks than I think the Reds wanted to discount for even though I really love Alonso's swing. It's a thing of beauty for me.
    Later on, he also mentioned that for Alonso, he'd give a "middle of the rotation type" or "maybe a guy with that kind of upside - not one that's already doing it like a Shields."

Perhaps not moving Alonso will turn out to be a blessing, in that he might have a chance to demonstrate that he actually is a "true masher," and might bump up his trade value a bit.

I feel liek Walt is trying to get a deal done......why make a deal if you feel it is going to be a bad deal and not benefit you? to me that is just stupid......if you feel alonso is better than a middle rotation guy then hold out for someone that you want and enjoy watching our prospects develop.....i feel walt making a move soon though.....guess we will find out

On MLB channel tonight, the last item talked about were the winners and losers at the Winter meetings. Ken Rosenthal specifically gave the Reds a FAILING grade, mentioning the Reds did nothing, while knowing we will not be able to keep Votto after his contract expires. He went on to say there is still time, but a deal involving Votto should be a must for the Reds (It's a shame that when we finally get a home grown superstar, we can't keep him). Management has known this and still they sit by, watch deals being made, and still do nothing.
    If they don't want to spend money, then we better be prepared to see a middle of the road team at best and just dream about championships.

Turn Off Ads?