Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So my house got robbed today.

Re: So my house got robbed today.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    GAC, you go to Honda on 59/Meranda, right? Several houses were robbed over there.
    I transferred over to the E. Liberty plant two years ago because it's only 10 minutes from my home. No more 45 minute drive to Anna. I live right behind Tree Links golf course, a short hop over onto US 33 and down to the plant.

While I live rural, it is on a road where numerous houses are situated close to each other, so we all watch each other's houses. Plus, because of our screwy work hours, I always have someone at the house 24/7, so that probably discourages thieves.
    Last edited by GAC; 12-10-2011 at 04:53 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

I lived "out in the country" on the outskirts of Louisville a few years ago and was robbed too. It's a humbling experience to say the least. You just feel violated and there is a 99.9% the criminals will never get caught.

As for your identity, I have been happy with identityguard.com.

As far as your insurance claim, the more pictures, receipts, etc you have for your stolen items, the better likelihood you will get a good return on your claim. I had a slew of power tools stolen but I had all the owner's manuals with the model numbers. I probably got full, if not more, value in return from the insurance company.
    "Trying is the first step towards failure." Homer Simpson

"I wasn't looking too good but I was feeling real well." Keith Richards

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    You can put a fraud alert on your credit report. .
    This is something quick you can do. Just go to one of the credit agencies' web sites (Experian, Transunion or Equifax) and put your file on alert. It's free.
    Or call them. If you call one, they will alert the other two.
    This way taking out a new credit line requires more verification. The fraud alert is good for 90 days after which you probably have to renew it if you think you're still vulnerable.

I had to do this a few weeks ago as someone tried (unsuccessfully) to enter one of my bank accounts online.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Good news! They caught the clown. He has yet to be formally charged with the break in of my home, but it is coming.

http://www.peakofohio.com/news/detai...tid=5&id=20551
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Great news LoganBuck. Hopefully this will lead to you getting some of the sentimental items back.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

Thanks for keeping us updated...

I got robbed once. I've never been so furious in my entire life. Once the gravity of the situation set in I blacked out. When I came to, I was in front of two police officers with both of my hands covered in blood. I was terrified at the possibilities as to what I had done since I didn't remember anything once I "lost it". Turns out in my rage I went all Joe Frazier on a brick wall while screaming threats into the night in the hopes that the scumbag would hear me, I guess. Even to this day, (and this was 12 years ago) I wish I had come home while he (they) were in the act. I've never felt so violated in my life.

Glad they caught the little punk, Logan.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

Logan, as bad as this all sucks for you--it could have been worse. If this cat was crazy enough to begin robbing banks, it is probably better that you and your family were not home when he hit your place.

Quote Originally Posted by Blimpie View Post
    Logan, as bad as this all sucks for you--it could have been worse. If this cat was crazy enough to begin robbing banks, it is probably better that you and your family were not home when he hit your place.
    True.

The fact that his kid goes to school with my kids makes me feel even better. I had tried to keep that fact hidden from my kids. I don't need them trying to get even.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Turn Off Ads?