Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Braun fails drug test

Re: Ryan Braun fails drug test

mlb wouldnt release something like this to ruin one of their stars reputation if they didnt have all the evidence needed just like when they suspended Volquez

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...2_a7&eref=sihp

Read the article. It lays out the facts.
    Yes, that SI article appears to be the best representation of the facts of this young story. Read it before forming an opinion either way.
    I have a love-hate relationship with Albert Pujols. Mostly hate.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoolguy_22 View Post
    In that case I would have been kicked out of the military about 5 years ago when I had a false positive. Found out a few days later and requested a blood test and was cleared. Never had another issue.

I'll wait to pass judgement.
    Did they retest your sample and find an exogenous substance in it?

Thinking about it this morning, if Braun has known about this for 6 weeks and believes that there are unusual circumstances here, why on the world didn't he try to put this out there and get ahead of the story? (or at least leak his explanation, no pun intended)

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...2_a7&eref=sihp

Read the article. It lays out the facts.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Carroll
    With Braun's representative's saying that they are mounting an "aggressive appeal," it is important to remember what we know and what we don't know. At this stage, there are enough conflicting reports to reserve judgement, especially given the indication that this result is in the process of appeal. The original report from ESPN's Outside The Lines is certainly troubling, but it is hardly definitive.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

What's the proper protocol here? Since he was cheating, is it OK to laugh at this?

If it wasn't for the Cubs landing Epstein as their team president, I would say this has been one hell of a good offseason for the NL Central thus far from a Reds standpoint. Pujols to the Angels, Fielder likely leaving the Brewers, and Braun out for the first 50 games of the season.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    mlb wouldnt release something like this to ruin one of their stars reputation if they didnt have all the evidence needed just like when they suspended Volquez
    Exactly. There is no conspiracy. No disgruntled lab workers. No "fertility treatment". No racist cop or glove that didn't fit. The B.S. Braun is talking about is coming from his own mouth.

Test came back positive. Most likely (99%+) explanation: Braun was juicing.
    You want to micro-analyze that 1% (or less), be my guest.
    We put needles in people's arms in this country with less convincing evidence. All we're talking about here is a suspension from playing a game.

Case closed as far as I'm concerned. Take a seat, Mr. Braun.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by oneupper View Post
    Exactly. There is no conspiracy. No disgruntled lab workers. No "fertility treatment". No racist cop or glove that didn't fit. The B.S. Braun is talking about is coming from his own mouth.
    What is Braun's explanation?
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    What is Braun's explanation?
    He's still looking for one. When he and his advisors have one, they'll tell us.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by icehole3 View Post
    For the record, MLB has issued no statement on this at all. In fact, they haven't even informed the Brewers yet of any failed drug test.

Braun failed two drug tests on the same sample, that is known, but only because Braun has admitted as such. He has also said that he gave a second sample that was not positive.

There is still a lot we don't know, and MLB has not commented on any of this yet, so it's hard to draw any conclusions just yet.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    For the record, MLB has issued no statement on this at all. In fact, they haven't even informed the Brewers yet of any failed drug test.

Braun failed two drug tests on the same sample, that is known, but only because Braun has admitted as such. He has also said that he gave a second sample that was not positive.

There is still a lot we don't know, and MLB has not commented on any of this yet, so it's hard to draw any conclusions just yet.
    fair enough

Frankly, I hope its not true even though it would benefit the Reds. I prefer the competition to be at full strength and then beat the snot out of them.

Also, I like Braun. He's a fine player. Plus this just puts another stain on the game that seemed to be getting past its Steroid Era.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

This is all coming from the Braun camp, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. However, it does muddy the waters a bit, since it contradicts what ESPN reported.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/135405518.html

A very good source on the Ryan Braun side of the drug testing controversy assures me that he did not test positive for a performance-enhancing drug, as reported by ESPN's "Outside the Lines."

ESPN*reported that Braun tested positive for a PED that gave him an abnormally high testosterone level, which proved to be synthetic and therefore not produced by the body.

But my source -- and again, this is from Braun's end and not MLB -- familiar with the test's findings says the "prohibited substance"*was not a performance-enhancing drug or steroid of any kind.*And the source says there has "never" been a result like this in the history of the MLB*testing program.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Will we ever get the "official story" or it just be "sources report" cause I don't ever remember EV's test results ever being specifically reported vis a vis what substance he tested positive for?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    This is all coming from the Braun camp, so I'm taking it with a grain of salt. However, it does muddy the waters a bit, since it contradicts what ESPN reported.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/135405518.html
    Don't players always deny reports like this? I don't ever remember them admiting that they cheated.

Turn Off Ads?