Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 28910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Braun fails drug test

Re: Ryan Braun fails drug test

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    I had a friend in Wisconsin post on FB last week that the rumor up there in those parts was he was being treated for an STD. I laughed it off as nonsense, but who knows. Maybe that's why he didn't submit the waiver form.
    Little Boy: [Jimmy has just signed a baseball for a little boy, who reads] Avoid the clap, Jimmy Dugan.

Jimmy Dugan: Hey, that's good advice!
    From "A League of Their Own"
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?

Little Boy: [Jimmy has just signed a baseball for a little boy, who reads] Avoid the clap, Jimmy Dugan.

Jimmy Dugan: Hey, that's good advice!
    Great line

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/V...EWERS-39178493

An arbitration hearing will take place this month to give Braun an opportunity to overturn a reported positive drug test in October for a banned substance that could result in a 50-game suspension. Delaying the verdict beyond a reasonable period would not be fair to either Braun or the Brewers, under the circumstances.

Because the drug testing program is confidential and news of Braun's positive test never should have leaked out, MLB will not announce when the arbitration hearing will be held. But, in past hearings, the player has been notified of the panel's decision within a week.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...s_mlb&c_id=mlb

MILWAUKEE -- Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun will break his uncharacteristically long silence in a short speech after accepting his National League MVP Award at a banquet in New York on Saturday, the New York Times reported Wednesday.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

http://tracking.si.com/2012/01/23/da...be-exonerated/

“Ryan Braun may be exonerated here,” Patrick said on his radio show, as transcribed by the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel. “He may be found innocent. And judging from all of the information I was told, there’s a good chance that he should be.”

I hope Braun is exonerated.

I believe the damage is done though in terms of public perception.

Some fans will still insist that he's guilty.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

This decision on Braun's suspension is sure dragging on. It leads me to believe that it will be reduced, if not eliminated. Otherwise, why the delay in announcing the suspension stands?

For the Reds, I hope he sits 50 games. For my fantasy team, I hope he plays.
    2013 Record at games attended: 0-1

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    This decision on Braun's suspension is sure dragging on. It leads me to believe that it will be reduced, if not eliminated. Otherwise, why the delay in announcing the suspension stands?

Well, maybe it always takes this much time and we just don't know about it because we don't hear about it from the player when he finds out about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post

Well he must have brought up some good, solid arguments to help his defense during his appeal hearing. It is going to be awfully tough to get them to overrule a positive test that seems so cut and dried. I would imagine MLB would have wanted to get the official announcement out of the way during the off-season so it doesn't put a cloud over the excitement of Spring Training opening this week. The fact it is taking so long seems to indicate there was some meat on the bones of his defense. What that could be I don't know.

Wow........if they do reduce, or eliminate his suspension, that opens a huge can of worms.

I think they're just taking their own sweet time as they often do especially under Selig. I doubt Braun gets his suspension reduced

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

I don't know. From the sound of things, he's not fessing up to anything but rather stating quite emphatically that there's been an error. I think the delay is trying to sort that out. With it taking this long, I think there might be some truth to the assertion of an error.

Is he allowed to participate in Spring Training?
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

Quote Originally Posted by CySeymour View Post
    Is he allowed to participate in Spring Training?
    Even if the suspension is upheld, yes, I believe so.
    "Strickland Propane... Taste the meat, not the heat." - Hank Hill

For a Level Playing Field

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I don't know. From the sound of things, he's not fessing up to anything but rather stating quite emphatically that there's been an error. I think the delay is trying to sort that out. With it taking this long, I think there might be some truth to the assertion of an error.
    Did anyone notice any winter "cold sores" on Mr. Braun? Gotta be careful with the crowd hanging in the hotel lobby, Ryan. What was the most known Fabulous Thunderbirds song? Oh yeah, "Wrap It Up".

Turn Off Ads?