Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Braun busted for PEDs

Re: Braun busted for PEDs

There is too much money out there to be made for me to believe that noone is trying their dead-level best to cheat the testing system. As to Ryan Braun, who knows? But there are cheaters out there.

2. Turn Off Ads?

meh, who cares?

If he loses his appeal, I hope they strip the MVP

People are reporting now the test was for a "prohibited substance," not a performance enhancing drug. But then, what prohibited substance leads to increased levels of testosterone without being performance enhancing? Seems to be a strange situation all around.

[double post]

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

So it appears Braun is only facing a 25 game suspension now.

I don't want to grow up Red Raindog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    So it appears Braun is only facing a 25 game suspension now.
    Where did you see that information and what was the reasoning behind it being less than 50 games?
    The older I get - the better I was

and yes - I hate the Cardinals (Reds fan since 1958)

I miss Raisor

Quote Originally Posted by Old Righthander View Post
    Where did you see that information and what was the reasoning behind it being less than 50 games?
    Apparently there is now some controversy about whether Braun tested positive for a PED or some other substance. As reported in articles like this one, if the substance were, say, a stimulant, the ban would only be 25 games.

There will always be a problem with drugs and PED's in baseball until they get really serious about it like they did with gambling. I think they should have a one and done policy, if you get caught once you're banned for life. That would include PED's and illegal drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by brad1176 View Post
    There will always be a problem with drugs and PED's in baseball until they get really serious about it like they did with gambling. I think they should have a one and done policy, if you get caught once you're banned for life. That would include PED's and illegal drugs.
    This. Once a couple guys get kicked out of the show, it'll squash the cheating real quick...

Turn Off Ads?