Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Some things just seems too good to be true to even be worth contemplating, then one of those things actually happens, and you don't know how to react.
    HBO almost HAS to bring "Hard Knocks" back to Jets training camp, don't they?
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

2. Turn Off Ads?

This couldn't be any better for ESPN if they had a team in Bristol and Tebow played on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

I don't see this ending well for Mark Sanchez.

Now the Jets have twice the crappy QBs they had before.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Why did the Jets just give Sanchez a big contract?

Dumb organization.

Now there's word this trade may be voided due to some language in Tebow's contract.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    Now there's word this trade may be voided due to some language in Tebow's contract.
    What in the world could that be?

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What in the world could that be?
    An extra 5 mil the Jets would have to pay him.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

Dumb organization.
    It's starting to look like they didn't bother to read the contract before they agreed to the trade?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

The Jets are just dumb. They have a temperamental qb who's feelings get hurt if you look at him cross eyed and now you're going to bring in the single largest followed player in the NFL right now to "back him up"? First interception in the PRESEASON and you'll hear the "We want Tebow" chants.

This doesn't even take into account that Tebow is as much a running back as he is a quarterback. I mean just look at the stats/tapes.... Tebow won a game completing 2 yes you read that right 2 passes for an entire 4 quarters... most qbs have that in a single drive.

This move makes 0 sense to a franchise who claims their goal is the Super Bowl every year (just ask their coach). They've got a very volatile concoction already and they just added nitroglycerine to it. This will blow up in the Jets face, I just hate, as a Raider fan, that Denver got someone like Peyton to take over for Tebow. I was looking forward to seeing the torches and pitchforks come out from all 10 Denver fans when they released Tebow in a couple years because he couldn't get the job done.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

NL Central champs

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I just hate, as a Raider fan, that Denver got someone like Peyton to take over for Tebow.
    I completely agree, I thought the Raiders might have a chance at the playoffs, but that just got a lot tougher.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I never in my wildest dreams would have thought that he would go to the Jets. I am so confused right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    The Jets are just dumb. They have a temperamental qb who's feelings get hurt if you look at him cross eyed and now you're going to bring in the single largest followed player in the NFL right now to "back him up"? First interception in the PRESEASON and you'll hear the "We want Tebow" chants.
    This.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    This.
    Signed,

Mike Golic.

The NFL's definition of irony: Rex Ryan and Tim Tebow.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by VottoFan54 View Post
    I completely agree, I thought the Raiders might have a chance at the playoffs, but that just got a lot tougher.
    I have been a Raiders fan since 1967, but the Silver and Black have no one (other than perhaps the late Al Davis, who should have retired long prior to his demise) for their failure to dominate their division last year. Right now Oakland looks like a third place team.
    As for Tebow, I thought the best thing that could happen to him would be to be with a team with a veteran QB whom he could learn from without the expectation that Tebow had to be the starter, because I do not believe his passing skills are ready for him to be a number one QB, despite what happened last season. Tebow behind Brady, Tebow behind Rodgers, even Tebow behind Manning, could have been good for Tebow for a couple of years. Now, as soon as Sanchez throws a couple of picks the pressure will be on to put Tebow into the game.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Turn Off Ads?