Turn Off Ads?
Page 32 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2228293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

Re: Where's the Tim Tebow thread?

31 year old Tim Tebow is engaged to 2017 Miss Universe Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters, age 23.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    31 year old Tim Tebow is engaged to 2017 Miss Universe Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters, age 23.
    I wonder if he proposed "Tebowing"? Inquiring minds need to know this stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I wonder if he proposed "Tebowing"? Inquiring minds need to know this stuff!
    A photo shows him on one knee as he proposed.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Rumor has it that if Miss Universe had said no, that Miss Milky Way was ready to step in.

6. Likes:

Revering4Blue (01-11-2019)

Is a .125/.186/.163 line bad? Because that's what Tebow is hitting in Triple A.

My apologies, it's actually .120 as the batting average. Didn't realize MILB.com hadn't included today's game with the Bats yet.
    Last edited by Tom Servo; 05-08-2019 at 01:56 PM.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Is a .125/.186/.163 line bad? Because that's what Tebow is hitting in Triple A.
    When I saw the thread come back, I assumed he had been released. He's improved over the course of the year the last two years at high-A and AA, but he didn't start nearly this poorly, and I think the sample size is enough to know he's not good enough for this level. Too bad.

Worse is that Million Dollar Mile is basically unwatchable.

Also, Tom's total not caring about Tebow is once again duly noted.
    Last edited by Boston Red; 05-08-2019 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    When I saw the thread come back, I assumed he had been released. He's improved over the course of the year the last two years at high-A and AA, but he didn't start nearly this poorly, and I think the sample size is enough to know he's not good enough for this level. Too bad.

Worse is that Million Dollar Mile is basically unwatchable.

Also, Tom's total not caring about Tebow is once again duly noted.
    He's got time to improve but if he doesn't I think its safe to say he should probably hang it up this fall. Overall I've been very impressed by his results at A/AA but he's a fish out of water right now in AAA.

What did he do to earn a promotion to AAA?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    Sold tickets.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

12. Likes:

Chip R (05-08-2019),cumberlandreds (05-09-2019),North (05-08-2019),Revering4Blue (05-08-2019)

They call me "chef"

I wonder if the Padres offered Garth Brooks a few seasons in their minor leagues and he said “No thanks. I’ll just take the few days in spring training.”

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Sold tickets.
    Honestly, if they were only looking to sell tickets, they'd have left him in the Florida State League. His impact in the Eastern League and the International League on ticket sales is pretty minimal.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    As a Tebow fan being completely honest, he earned the promotion by not doing what he is doing now when he was in A, A+, and AA. If he'd been this bad at any of those levels I don't think they would've moved him up. He actually had a decent AA campaign hitting .273 and OPS of .734 but was aided by a whopping .417 BABIP. The strikeouts were really bad (34.6%). This year he's at 37.9%. All he's had to do is not look completely lost at the other levels and he was going to be moved up. He probably could've benefited from more time in AA to work on his K% but everyone knows this isn't about normal baseball player development. I'm just worried they'll (Mets) bring him up this fall, even if his current level of failure continues.

He's 31 too. Running out of time.

The thing to remember about Tim Tebow is that he's not very good at baseball
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

18. Likes:

Bob Sheed (05-08-2019)

Tebow had been 1-33 over his last 10 games with 14 Ks to 1 BB.

Leave it to a Reds pitcher to offer a hitter a boost. Tebow pitch hit RBI double off Sal Romano in the loss last night.

Turn Off Ads?